• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

just a little eBay venting

39 posts in this topic

so, I find this seller who has "NM, uncirculated warehouse find" copies of THB 2-5, which are notoriously tough books to get in high grade. So I buy them all.

And he mails them in.. an envelope... from the UK...

...and there ends the story of probably the only 9.8 copies of these books on the entire planet.

THB?

Early Paul Pope indy series from the 90s. It has a long and convoluted publication history, and is kind of a chore to collect. Which is why I collect it. :)

as an aside, if anyone needs nice, never read, uncirculated VF copies of THB 2-4, I have a few extra. :hi:

I've had the exact same thing happen to me this week, although not with THB issues, but another series. I understand and accept the fact that we are fanatical about the conditions that books we purchase are shipped it. What I don't understand is how someone selling something wouldn't take the time to securely package something they have sold to help insure that the product they ship will arrive in the same or as close as possible to the same condition they had it in before shipping it.

It's just plain laziness on the part of the seller to think that something fragile can survive shipment in something flimsy.

I heard the worst eBay story yesterday. KyleG40 (I have bought from him before and he cardboads each individual comic and not a whole pack) sold something on eBay and shipped with insurance. The box got crushed and the books got damaged. eBay refunded the buyer the full amount and the post office refunded the receiver the full amount. So he made a ton of money off of Kyle/Danny (Hah I am pretty sure Danny is his real name because that's who I ship to/receive from) for something that wasn't his fault.

I placed my first order with www.expertcomics.com in Canada and received the package yesterday. Three bagged-&-boarded books were placed together in a yellow envelope and mailed with no protective cardboard at all. By some absolute miracle, the books made it to NY without corner dings.

(I wouldn't think I would need to instruct a place called "Expert Comics" on how to pack comics, but there you go!)

THB?

Early Paul Pope indy series from the 90s. It has a long and convoluted publication history, and is kind of a chore to collect. Which is why I collect it. :)

as an aside, if anyone needs nice, never read, uncirculated VF copies of THB 2-4, I have a few extra. :hi:

Gotcha! I remember the series now. I was going crazy trying to figure out what it was an acronym for.

Oh dang!! That is crazy!! Any neutral or negatives?

I didn't bother to look. I ended up with a 50% discount, which is ok given the circumstances.

I just don't get it. I mean, a grandma selling stuff she found at a flea market, sure, but a professional comic dealer?

Kinda related, I haven't shipped many comics, but I was wondering what the general consensus was on those hard shipping folders like this :

HD_1656_L.jpg

The ones that have shipped to me seem pretty durable, but any thug mail handler would be able to bend one in half. Is it too much of a gamble or a reasonably cheap shipping choice?

Edit: For shipping single (or two?) issues.