• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which actor was perfect in their roll in a superhero movie?

270 posts in this topic

Agree with the obvious picks. RDJ/Iron Man, Bale/Batman, Jackman/Wolverine, Ledger/Joker, Simmons/JJJ, Hemsworth/Thor, Stewart/Proffesor X, Hardy/Bane, etc.

One i don't think mentioned yet in this thread is Liev Schreiber as Sabretooth.

I met Schreiber and his family at our local airport during Christmas, as it turns out his mom lives in the area. Nice guy.

He definitely made his own version of Sabretooth, which was psycho-crazy and deadly. But if I apply the now-termed "Logan510 Factor" to actors playing comic characters, who comes across more as Sabertooth.

MVC_Sabertooth.png

6'3", 195 lbs. Liev Schreiber?

SABS%20LIEV.jpg

6'8", 295 lbs. Tyler Mane?

1169218_640px.jpg

Marvel Database has Sabretooth at 6'6" tall, and 380 pounds. Also long, blonde hair and very strong facial features.

You decide.

I met Schreiber and his family at our local airport during Christmas, as it turns out his mom lives in the area. Nice guy.

He definitely made his own version of Sabretooth, which was psycho-crazy and deadly. But if I apply the now-termed "Logan510 Factor" to actors playing comic characters, who comes across more as Sabertooth.

MVC_Sabertooth.png

SABS%20LIEV.jpg

1169218_640px.jpg

Marvel Database has Sabretooth at 6'6" tall, and 380 pounds. Also long, blonde hair and very strong facial features.

You decide.

Neither...but IMHO Schreiber came closer to the spirit / tone of the character.

MVC_Sabertooth.png

SABS%20LIEV.jpg

1169218_640px.jpg

You decide.

I'd agree with you on that one.

Well, there ya go! Our master critic has ruled, and Tyler Mane is voted off the island.

:baiting:

Tyler Mane did not look like the character and certainly did not act like him. I can't recall him even speaking in the first X-MEN movie. The way Schreiber portrayed him was a lot closer to the spirit of the character than RDJ as Iron Man or Heath Ledger as the Joker...IMHO.

Well, there ya go! Our master critic has ruled, and Tyler Mane is voted off the island.

Tyler Mane did not look like the character and certainly did not act like him. I can't recall him even speaking in the first X-MEN movie. The way Schreiber portrayed him was a lot closer to the spirit of the character than RDJ as Iron Man or Heath Ledger as the Joker...IMHO.

I thought they both sucked as Sabretooth, although Mane did suck worse.

As far as Ledger, I'm not a DC guy so i barely know what the Joker is supposed to be like. I was not a fan of Heath Ledger or the Batman movies. I heard so much hype about how awesome he was in the movie that i really, REALLY wanted to hate it. When i saw the movie though, i thought he was awesome as the Joker. He's 100% the only reason i would ever watch that movie again. I thought Nicholsons Joker was retarded. There was nothing whatsoever scary or worrisome about that character.

Maybe thats not what the Joker is supposed to be like or is in the comics but Ledger made that character actually interesting for the 1st time to me (shrug)

Not sure if Lone Ranger, Tonto and Tarzan should be included but a lot of people consider them in the SuperHero catgory.

Lone Ranger comes in at 14 followed by Tonto at 15. Johnny Weissmuller at 16. Bill Campbell as Rocketeer at 17. Chris Evens Human Torch at 18. And Buster Crabbe as Flash Gordon at 19.

moore-loneranger1_zpsfa61370c.jpg

JaySilverhealsasTonto_zps7df9ecd5.jpg

JohnnyWeissmullerasTarzan_zpsdf0860db.jpg

BillCampbell_zps7f811af4.jpg

ChrisEvansasHumanTYorch_zpsce4e8710.jpg

BusterCrabbeasFlashGordon_zps87047564.jpg

I thought they both sucked as Sabretooth, although Mane did suck worse.

As far as Ledger, I'm not a DC guy so i barely know what the Joker is supposed to be like. I was not a fan of Heath Ledger or the Batman movies. I heard so much hype about how awesome he was in the movie that i really, REALLY wanted to hate it. When i saw the movie though, i thought he was awesome as the Joker. He's 100% the only reason i would ever watch that movie again. I thought Nicholsons Joker was retarded. There was nothing whatsoever scary or worrisome about that character.

Maybe thats not what the Joker is supposed to be like or is in the comics but Ledger made that character actually interesting for the 1st time to me (shrug)

I will give your comments on the Joker all the thought and attention they deserve :baiting:

But if I apply the now-termed "Logan510 Factor" to actors playing comic characters, who comes across more as Sabertooth.

I think the "Logan510 Factor" means that no comic book movies are ever made and you need to smash your television set with a hammer, devoting your life to book reading only.

:jokealert: