• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which actor was perfect in their roll in a superhero movie?

270 posts in this topic

You should watch Apt Pupil if you like McKellen. Good flick.

I actually have seen that. I dont remember much of it and i HATE that kid in the movie so i doubt ill be watching it again.

I think your first three suggestions are spot on.

Also, In the X-men movies, Ian McKellen as Magneto was pretty spot on

I don't mean to argue, but that old fart did not look like Magneto at all. I like him as an actor, but not as Magneto.

I also vote for Christopher Reeve.

I agree he didnt look like Magneto, certainly not the one i have in my mind from the early 80's issues i grew up with. Even still, i think he 100% NAILED Magneto as a villain. I would definitely put him as a VERY close 2nd to Reeves for most perfect superhero role. I thought he was AMAZING as Magneto in the movies.

Yeah maybe Im getting the thought more from his portrayal than just the physical look. He definitely acted and sounded just as I would imagine Magneto to sound and act IF HE WERE 100 YEARS OLD.

(and remember 1/2 of the reason that RDJ looks like Tony Stark is that they started to redraw Stark to look like RJD when Fraction/Larocca relaunched Invincible Iron Man.

This guy doesnt look like RJD (out side of both having brown hair/facial hair)

Fixed :devil:

I still think Rutger Hauer would've been perfect casting.

I don't mean to argue, but that old fart did not look like Magneto at all. I like him as an actor, but not as Magneto.

I agree he didnt look like Magneto, certainly not the one i have in my mind from the early 80's issues i grew up with. Even still, i think he 100% NAILED Magneto as a villain. I would definitely put him as a VERY close 2nd to Reeves for most perfect superhero role. I thought he was AMAZING as Magneto in the movies.

Yeah maybe Im getting the thought more from his portrayal than just the physical look. He definitely acted and sounded just as I would imagine Magneto to sound and act IF HE WERE 100 YEARS OLD.

(and remember 1/2 of the reason that RDJ looks like Tony Stark is that they started to redraw Stark to look like RJD when Fraction/Larocca relaunched Invincible Iron Man.

Rutger Hauer?!?

Have you seen him lately??? he looks like Ian McKellans grandfather! :baiting:

Rutger Hauer?!?

Have you seen him lately??? he looks like Ian McKellans grandfather! :baiting:

They can use makeup and I disagree. I'm not saying Hauer looks like a spring chicken, but I think he would make a much, much better Magneto.

Fassbender was pretty awesome as young Magneto...I'd have watched a whole movie of him hunting nazis :D

+1

He'd probably be top 5 in my list.

He was 1 million times better in that role than the old poop you're in love with.

I definitely have a man crush for Ian. Main actor in BOTH X-men AND LOTR?!? He's the freaking man!!! I dont think i can name another movie he was in but I thought he was amazing in both of those roles (shrug)

Ian is gay IRL so who knows, you might have a chance? (shrug)

Fassbender was pretty awesome as young Magneto...I'd have watched a whole movie of him hunting nazis :D

+1

He'd probably be top 5 in my list.

He was 1 million times better in that role than the old poop you're in love with.

I definitely have a man crush for Ian. Main actor in BOTH X-men AND LOTR?!? He's the freaking man!!! I dont think i can name another movie he was in but I thought he was amazing in both of those roles (shrug)

Ian is gay IRL so who knows, you might have a chance? (shrug)

I've seen a pic of his boy toy. He's outta my league :sorry:

This.

Fassbender made a great Magneto IMHO and I'm looking forward to him reprising the role in Days Of Future Past.

I don't remember any jokey Tony Stark from the comics. Downey Jr. is just likable and would bring likability to any superhero he played. Not sure he fits the bill of "perfect in their role"--he brings a light likability to any role.

I think it was a case of RDJ made the role of Tony Stark, his own.

Minority opinion time!

I liked RDJ as Stark due to the acting alone. He did make it his role... but much like my dislike of Hugh Jackman as Wolverine, he just didn't physically fit the part. In a million years I would never have picked either of those two for their respective parts.

Then again, I am not working in Hollywood, so take my opinion with whatever you need to make it go down.

:grin:

-slym

I am going out on a limb here but I am going to bet Ben Kingsley is going to be an awesome Mandarian..Even though its kind of a lame character in early TOS

Mickey Rourke was a good whiplash...As cool as SLJ is as Nick Fury, George Clooney would have been a perfect Nick Fury

I don't remember any jokey Tony Stark from the comics. Downey Jr. is just likable and would bring likability to any superhero he played. Not sure he fits the bill of "perfect in their role"--he brings a light likability to any role.

I love it when actors do this, it's awesome.

I love it when actors do this, it's awesome.

Especially in the Avengers! :foryou: