• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A market for Bronze religious comics?

12 posts in this topic

Hey all, I'm just curious to get a few opinions on what you guys think about the marketplace for bronze religious stuff (spire in particular). Are these on the rise? Or are they dead in the water? Some of the covers look pretty kooky but I've been hesitant too invest much in them as I'm not quite sure what I'm getting myself into. Let me know what you all think! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

--shrunken

I have seen Spire comics just stagnant. There really isn't an market for them outside of a curiosity factor. The only interest they get is high grade copies of Hansi. The others just don't move at all.

I've sold a couple of HG slabbed Archie Spire books on ebay for $60+ each. I think there's a real market for the Archie issues. Otherwise, with the exception of Hansi, I agree--they're dead.

The religious comics I really like are the Jack Chick books-- the minis as well as the regular size series he did. Very interesting!

Hmm, thanks for the tips folks. Yeah, I would be interested in picking up one or two of those high-grade Archies myself, if the price is right....Speaking of Hansi, I just snagged a CGC 9.4 off of comiclink....While I payed 3x guide, it was still HALF the price of Metro's 9.2! devil.gif

576516-RAD4A12F2004820_182950.jpg.728e36f5be9ac944c6b1f24dc306c3e8.jpg

Yeah, I've got a hardback copy of the original Hansi book laying around somewhere, but I've yet to get around to it. Flipped through it, and it looks pretty poorly written, really. Not exactly a bonafide "literary classic" if ya know what I mean, but it certainly qualifies as a literary oddball.