• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EBAY fee changes / increases

91 posts in this topic

Anyone think that this will only lead to an inflation across the board. The sellers all charging a bit more to cover the new fees up and the buyers accepting the new pricing because at the end of the day, they are on eBay buying from the sellers because they usually don't have an alternative outlet to purchase.

Right. And if you sell a higher priced item, you are now rewarded with MUCH higher fees. If, for example, you sell a $100 item at auction, you are now rewarded with a fee of $9.45 rather than the old fee of $6.20. That's an increase of OVER 50%.

True; the "basic" store gets hit for $9.36 on a $104 auction compared to the previous $6.16. A "normal" user will eat $10.40 compared to $9.36. The money saved by having a store is quickly disappearing.

(and you probably don't even want to look at a $200 and up auction sale, etc.)

Let's say you sell a Walking Dead #1 for $2500. Today, that costs $72.10 with a store membership. As of May 1st, you are looking at $225.45.

HOLY EFFING SHAZAM!

That. Is. Absurd.

:o:insane:

eBay is going to turn into a message board where you post your stuff and sell privately

Let's say you sell a Walking Dead #1 for $2500. Today, that costs $72.10 with a store membership. As of May 1st, you are looking at $225.45.

HOLY EFFING SHAZAM!

That. Is. Absurd.

If thats how it shakes out, I could see sellers offering the winning bidder a discount to cancel the sale & complete the transaction off line.

Edit: ^ that too ^

HOLY EFFING SHAZAM!

That. Is. Absurd.

If thats how it shakes out, I could see sellers offering the winning bidder a discount to cancel the sale & complete the transaction off line.

Oh, absolutely. No doubt.

Now is a good time to make sure your eBay user ID is as close to your email address as humanly possible. ;)

HOLY EFFING SHAZAM!

That. Is. Absurd.

That gap is much smaller at a sale of $1,000. Current Fee $50 New Fee $73, still a markup of over 40%.

HOLY EFFING SHAZAM!

That. Is. Absurd.

Yep, and their answer will be to jack up Paypal fees.

Everyone should get used to accepting cash in person, or checks and money orders through the mail in order to get the hand out of the pocket.

People are also forgetting that at some point in the near future, everyone in the states will most likely be obligated to pay inter-state online sales tax for traceable transactions, further reducing the consumers spending power.

I'm sure I can spend my money better than "they" or "them" (Ebay and the gummint).

Yep, and their answer will be to jack up Paypal fees.

Everyone should get used to accepting cash in person, or checks and money orders through the mail in order to get the hand out of the pocket.

People are also forgetting that at some point in the near future, everyone in the states will most likely be obligated to pay inter-state online sales tax for traceable transactions, further reducing their spending power.

I'm sure I can spend my money better than "they" or "them".

by that time, the USD will likely already have collapsed, and been re-denominated at 100:1 in USD 2.0

HOLY EFFING SHAZAM!

That. Is. Absurd.

That gap is much smaller at a sale of $1,000. Current Fee $50 New Fee $73, still a markup of over 40%.

When I type in $1000 I get $42 vs $90.

HOLY EFFING SHAZAM!

That. Is. Absurd.

When I type in $1000 I get $42 vs $90.

Yeah, considering the new BIN fee for store owners is 9%, I don't see where the $73 is coming from either ...

With store:

Current $1,000 BIN: $62.50

Current $1,000 auction: $41.75

New $1,000 BIN: $90

New $1,000 BIN: $90

Without store:

Current $1,000 BIN: $62.50

Current $1,000 auction: $90

New $1,000 BIN: $100

New $1,000 BIN: $100