• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What ever became of,.........................?

14 posts in this topic

Didn't Gary Dolgoff and Joe Koch acquire the warehouses of these two pioneers of the mail-order comic selling biz?

..I'm pretty sure Dolgoff bought out Bell,..But I'm not sure about Rogofsky,...

I still have books that are bagged in Robert Bell's Comic Bags! smile.gif

Time to change bags I think! crazy.gif

27_laughing.gif

those are classic old "bad" bags!!!!!!!!!! by now all of the originals are probably a sick greenish/yellow color. if they had any tape keeping them closed, the combo of the two has probably formed a soft gluelike mess. i've actually picked up a few on e-bay over the past couple of years and they're scary looking things with Bell's name still imprinted on some.

BUT, for a while they served their purpose of keeping books relatively clean. 893whatthe.gif

those are classic old "bad" bags!!!!!!!!!! by now all of the originals are probably a sick greenish/yellow color. if they had any tape keeping them closed, the combo of the two has probably formed a soft gluelike mess.

Actually, I think mine already looked like that 25 years ago! 27_laughing.gif

Sparkle City split up at some point. Jay disappeared somewhere, but Joe is now JHV Associates in NJ. Does anyone else remember young Stevie Fischler working as an assistant for them?

I'm not sure if I dealt with Jay or Joe, but whichever one it was who ran the Sparkle City Booth at a Creation con circa Labor Day 1978 or 1979 treated this 12-13 year old very well. I went to that con with only twenty bucks, and thanks to the generosity of the Sparkle City dude, I walked out of there with a Batman 28, a Star Spangled with Batman and Robin on the cover, and an EC Horror book. None were in very good shape at all, but I felt like I made a real haul that day. The Batman was given to me for free, by the way, because I kept looking at it and asking him about it.

Maybe he just wanted to get rid of this talkative pre- adolescent twerp, but I felt pretty good that day!