• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink March 2013 Auction

115 posts in this topic

I just had fun tonight picking up a lot of dirt cheap books...

RADBCDF0201327_141740.jpg

RAD0D385201336_112333.jpg

RADB5A632013222_92453.jpg

I also picked this up a few days ago. I already have copy in this grade, but the census is

so low I can't let them get away from me this cheap...

RAD792722013226_114929.jpg

I bought most of the Fourth World Kirbys, plus some odds and ends. Here's a bit...

RADDE11D2013312_13380_zps423f34b6.jpg

Love this kind of stuff. Lots of nice Millie's in this auction. Not easy to find. Congrats.

Thanks! My wife's a ginger. We have this pseudo-collection of red-head themed comics. (thumbs u

I bought most of the Fourth World Kirbys, plus some odds and ends. Here's a bit...

Love this kind of stuff. Lots of nice Millie's in this auction. Not easy to find. Congrats.

Oh, so you're the sumbeech who insta-outbid me on that one. I mean, congratulations, cool book. :)

I sulked enough after losing that to post a whine here and then I went out and won a chunk of the Modeling with Millies that I really didn't think I'd win after getting blown away on this book.

Silly me, a few months ago I decided "I'm tired of fighting over the same old superhero books. I'll go collect something nobody wants - how about Millie the Model?" How little I knew.

Oh, so you're the sumbeech who insta-outbid me on that one. I mean, congratulations, cool book. :)

I sulked enough after losing that to post a whine here and then I went out and won a chunk of the Modeling with Millies that I really didn't think I'd win after getting blown away on this book.

Silly me, a few months ago I decided "I'm tired of fighting over the same old superhero books. I'll go collect something nobody wants - how about Millie the Model?" How little I knew.

Though the collector base for Millie's is relatively small, you have to go for them when you see them = not easy to pick up on the cheap anymore. My intent was to go aggressively after a few Mille's but I was unexpectedly not available so my tracking bids didn't come close. I also figured Greggy was going after them and you don't want to mess with Greggy, you will lose !

Hey, what happened with that Iron Man 2 in super-valuable-so-way-totally-better-than-9.8 CGC 9.9?

I didn't see where it went out but it was already up to $10 K in the e-mail Comic Link sent out last night.

Now it's already listed at CLink For Sale at $9 K.

A bargain, of course.

After supposedly selling in the auction at at least $10,000, it was instantly relisted for $9,000 then listed as selling, now two days later it's listed again... at $25,000.

A bargain, of course.