• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink March 2013 Auction

115 posts in this topic

heh, im done out of the running for what i was lookin at, i can see why people pay more for books on comiclink than they do on ebay(trust issues) but unless its a book that i really want, most of the time i have to let somebody else pay that premium for the book.

Almost all the books I was eying are already over GPA and some don't end till tomorrow. :(

Same here. Over a dozen books I was looking it, all really nothing books to fill out runs and not even 9.6+s and already all at or beyond GPA.

I've only won two auctions on Comiclink and both go down as my biggest overpays ever. I completely gave up for a while, but have started looking again. I hear people talking about low the sales there have been, but I've never once seen evidence of that.

I upgraded the following:

ASM 18 5.5 to an 8.0

ASM 34 5.5 to an 8.0

ASM 46 6.0 to an 8.5

Also finally obtained my copy of ASM 149 in a 9.4. Was looking for one of those for awhile.

A certain someone beat me on the issue 37.

I was in the running for the Strange Tales 110 and thought about picking up that 5.0 but I am checked out. Hope someone from here snags it.

I was very pleased with this one...

RADF0A1C201336_112835.jpg

ASM 18 5.5 to an 8.0

ASM 34 5.5 to an 8.0

ASM 46 6.0 to an 8.5

Also finally obtained my copy of ASM 149 in a 9.4. Was looking for one of those for awhile.

I was in the running for the Strange Tales 110 and thought about picking up that 5.0 but I am checked out. Hope someone from here snags it.

That 18 is really nice.

The amazing thing to me about this auction is that, even though there are several nice golden age books and many key Silver Age, the highest bid going into tonight was for...drum roll please...

Iron Man #2 hm

Picked up another Defenders 10, and the undercopy of the Daredevil 16. I think this is one of the undervalued Marvel's from that era. Its Romita's first Spider-Man work.

I didn't think either bid would hold up.

ASM 18 5.5 to an 8.0

ASM 34 5.5 to an 8.0

ASM 46 6.0 to an 8.5

colors are popping on that 18 and looks great for the grade!

I also love the 149!

Congrats brother!

(thumbs u

The amazing thing to me about this auction is that, even though there are several nice golden age books and many key Silver Age, the highest bid going into tonight was for...drum roll please...

Iron Man #2 hm

That is unbelievable. Granted it's a 9.9 but still a non-key and not worth a tenth of the price to me. This auction seems to have a surprising number of extra high prices so I missed out on some of the ones I had my eye on because I almost never overpay & I love getting good values. I've gotten lots of good deals over the years on CLink and am crossing my fingers for the one remaining grail that's got another couple days. :wishluck: