• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #29 Does something seem "off" with this book?

18 posts in this topic

So I have an ASM #29 that just seems "off". When I bought the book I was told that there had been no restoration on the book. I am not any good at spotting restoration so Ive posted some pictures below and was hopping you guys could give me your opinions on it. Thanks so much for your opinions guys!!

2gv96qf.jpg

2gudr1k.jpg

169g5mr.jpg

15rd1dk.jpg

Does there appear to be any glue or paste on that crease?

It's hard to tell if it's glued or not. It may just be a long crease that's getting close to cracking and the cover falling off.

Texture and thickness wise it feels the same throughout the entire back cover. Can not feel any residue from glue or another solution. But I am very very far from being an expert.

Not publicly until I talk to them about it.

Cool and best move.

I feel suck I had to tell you it looked "off" but glad you are aware now.

Hope they make it right for you.

Texture and thickness wise it feels the same throughout the entire back cover. Can not feel any residue from glue or another solution. But I am very very far from being an expert.

If you can't feel or see a difference in texture, it's probably not restored then. It looks like something really put a lot of force on the upper part of the back cover, causing the crease and creating the tear at the upper staple. I think the variations in color we're seeing in the pic are from the lighting and the slightly brittle, bent up cover paper.