• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

we3 preview

15 posts in this topic

WE3 #1

That's going to be one [!@#%^&^] up series.

Yeah...ya know I can stand a lot of things but I'm a pet lover and the promo shot of the missing dog reward sign was making me lean towards not picking this up. But I probably will. While I love horror movies, I can't watch that scene in The Fly II where he puts the dog down even though I tell myself it's a fake dog and just a movie. (OK, my sensitive side be damed, I'll be buying the first issue) shy.gif

I'm paranoid about the same things, to be honest. The good part is the animals are the ones that will be doing the harming- as far as I can tell.

Rob, I know this is OT but what did you think about the final issue of Chosen?

Did you see that coming? I have to say it took me off guard as I was thinking towards the superman/hero angle. All in all a nice little story for being packed into three issues. thumbsup2.gif

Rob, I know this is OT but what did you think about the final issue of Chosen?

Did you see that coming? I have to say it took me off guard as I was thinking towards the superman/hero angle. All in all a nice little story for being packed into three issues. thumbsup2.gif

It's funny, but... SPOILER SPACE FOLLOWS

I thought it was great.

I saw a lot of commentary from people wishing that Millar had gone the way the book seemed to be going. The idea that examining what Jesus returned these days would be like would have been more interesting than the surprise ending. Personally, while I can see where that would be a great angle, the surprise of the ending and the fact that it was SO unexpected and so well crafted made the book for me. Especially since it was just a three issue series.

There are also clues throughout, which become apparent once the truth is revealed. Definitely worth a re-read just for that.

SPOILER ENDS

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

and yet more... SPOILER SPACE FOLLOWS

Yes, the way the the story seemed to be going told me that it obviously would shift dramatically. As I previously said I thought the superhero angle, until the KISS!

For me that was the clue that turned things around. The last few pages were very upsetting/intriguing enough to make this a instant classic for me!

Frankie Says Relax! grin.gif

Now to get back to the book this thread is really about!

"But now, those three animals have seized the chance to make a last, desperate run for 'Home'."

Expecting Morrison to have a nice take on what these animal/androids will do once they get "home"!

I'll be picking up my copy next week,I think Frank Quielty has become one of my favorite modern artist's.

It was such a shame for me that he couldn't do every issue of Morrison's X-men.

He should have no problem doing a 3 issue mini series 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

WE3 #1

That's going to be one [!@#%^&^] up series.

Ok i have read this book and this ROCK'S!!! thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

SPOLIER ALERT TURN AWAY NOW; DON'T READ THIS LOOK AWAY!!! ;

;

;

;

;

; to me it' s like a title called BRASS and The Journey Home.

The story was good , good pace, moody, liked it all. 893applaud-thumb.gif

FORESHADOWING SPACE -- DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU ARE CURIOUS

I was thinking Plague Dogs. But with exo-skeletal weaponry. The personalizations are funny, with a quiet, thoughtful dog and a cranky cat fixated on smells. That double-page spread of the 3 flying through the air was excellent. The questions I would like to see answered are:

1) Will it come down to a fight between the 3 and Weapon 4?

2) What place do a cat, rabiit and dog all call home? I guess they could have all come from the same place.

3) What sort of viciousness comes out of the cat's tail?