• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Treasury Size Books

8 posts in this topic

Gotta love Treasuries.

Best way to re-read a favorite old story (short of originals).

I think the reason I love the first Mangog epic from Thor 154-157 so much is that I read it first as a Treasury.

The famous first editions are exact reprints of the original books, and Overstreet warns that in the past they have had their outer covers removed and passed off as the originals. They are, of course, larger than the original golden age books, but everything else is exactly the same. I have no idea of the print runs, but I imagine it was not huge, as they were $1.00 and had to be sold from the regular magazine racks as they would not fit in the comic spinners. I know they were returnable like comics, as I saw the store owner tearing the tops of some leftovers he had one day. It was quite a decision for me to buy one of them or 4 or 5 regular comics, as I didn't have but a couple of dollars to spend on comics at that time.

I have a few of the Famous 1st Editions and a near complete run of the Marvel Treasury books. I think I may be missing a Conan one and another random one. These are also often random reprints, but such fun books to own!

The famous first editions are exact reprints of the original books, and Overstreet warns that in the past they have had their outer covers removed and passed off as the originals. They are, of course, larger than the original golden age books, but everything else is exactly the same. I have no idea of the print runs, but I imagine it was not huge, as they were $1.00 and had to be sold from the regular magazine racks as they would not fit in the comic spinners. I know they were returnable like comics, as I saw the store owner tearing the tops of some leftovers he had one day. It was quite a decision for me to buy one of them or 4 or 5 regular comics, as I didn't have but a couple of dollars to spend on comics at that time.

I like to know the print runs as well. I prefer reading these giants then the regular issues.