• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guy must love this place

319 posts in this topic

What if every account besides mine is a shill and there's just one guy who posts on the board under hundreds of accounts all day long? :ohnoez:
You are describing Cal's forum.

Can they tack on an extra 30 days for actually liking freaking NASCAR?!? :sick:

Now, now... some might say the same about Major League Baseball.

:whistle:

-slym

Those who dis NASCAR should experience a race in person. It's frickin cool yo.

I was leaving from the BGN race at Bristol one year when I saw a 'Neck with a cooler. He had the following sticker on his cooler:

I GIVE FREE MUSTACHE RIDES

:hail:

:headbang:

What if every account besides mine is a shill and there's just one guy who posts on the board under hundreds of accounts all day long? :ohnoez:
You are describing Cal's forum.

According to my sources when Cal joined the eBay boards he had three accounts including his primary. The other two followed him around to talk about how great Cal was.

:roflmao:

Those people who say that need to be banned forthwith

:sorry:

Should I just retire peacefully now, then?

-slym

The first race I went to, I had my 7 yr-old son. In the expo area, dude was showing a NASCAR car to the crowd. We were like 10 feet from it when he started the engine. About blew my out of my sneaks. The races in person are really quite cool. (You have to ignore the hayseed drunks. But it's not as bad as sitting in the end zone for a Patriots game.)

The first race I went to, I had my 7 yr-old son. In the expo area, dude was showing a NASCAR car to the crowd. We were like 10 feet from it when he started the engine. About blew my out of my sneaks. The races in person are really quite cool. (You have to ignore the hayseed drunks. But it's not as bad as sitting in the end zone for a Patriots game.)

Sitting on the front row of Rockingham and getting either:

a-chicken bones tossed at your direction after a wreck with the 'Necks getting ticked or

b-having to hold your hat bill to the side of your face when the cars come around and sling small pieces of gravel etc at you

makes me think again about going to a race.

Plus when 3 got killed at Daytona the enjoyment of the sport went downhill

This thread has potential.
:wishluck:
Wait, -5 for Arex if things go wrong? :eek:

Yes, lets do keep this thing in the road boys and girls

:sumo:

What's going on in here boys and girls?

a-chicken bones tossed at your direction after a wreck with the 'Necks getting ticked or

b-having to hold your hat bill to the side of your face when the cars come around and sling small pieces of gravel etc at you

I'd never sit in the lower sections, ever. Wrecks bring car parts everywhere. Up higher you can see the whole track. Don't need earplugs either.

Just hangin'. Waitin' for something to occur.

Those who dis NASCAR should experience a race in person. It's frickin cool yo.

I have my problems with NASCAR. I used to be able to say "I wish they wouldn't call it stock-car racing, because the cars ARE NOT STOCK - front wheel-drive Luminas with V-6s turned into RWD V-8s are NOT THE SAME CAR" but then it stopped being called "stock car racing." I still have problems with it though. They only turn left, with what, one road course now, Watkins Glen? That doesn't show true racing skill, I say like Indycar racing, half circle-track & half road courses. Then, there is the "no racing in the rain" thing. :eyeroll: ... FIM motorcycle racing, even when it was snap-powerband 500cc 2-stroke engine (they use slightly more tractable 4-strokes now) have always raced in the rain. These guys do 200+ MPH on the straights and in the curves, lean so far over that they all drag their knees and some guys drag their elbows, and they STILL race in the rain. It's called "rain tires," folks - and IMHO, NASCAR drivers are *meows* for not doing the same. Yes, you have to slow down some, but so does everyone else, and changing conditions (heavier rain, or clearing skies, sometimes both) makes tire choices critical for the racers.

And of course, I being born & raised in NASCAR land (central North Carolina) made me hate it all the worse because I couldn't escape it. And yes - I have been to Charlotte Motor Speedway and seen a NASCAR race. It bored me to tears. At least there are always hot women in tight/very little clothing walking around... but just watching my brother and all the other "club" motorcycle racers go around Rockingham Motor Speedway (with use of the infield roadways, and a hay-bale chicane on the other side) was MUCH more enjoyable than the cars - and there were almost as many hot women walking around there.

I think I will stop there - I don't want to get lynched... :lol:

-slym

Park's here, now it's a party!

The sport went downhill for me when I realized it was just guys making left turns for 4 hours. Which was instantly. Which means I've always thought the sport was retarded.