• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Price on Whole X-Men Collection 1- 600

40 posts in this topic

Aren't a bunch of issues from like 50 something up until #94 just reprints?

#66 was the last regular issue, IIRC, until #94.

And just like Pokemon, "gotta catch 'em all!"

-slym

I know what you mean. Just consider them "variant covers."

I was,looking at the 4000 or below range. He Doesn't want to budge it seems. Sucks.

That's cool. He can hold on to the two long boxes that are still taking up space in his house instead of $4,000.

I know. He actually has a bunch of 90's sloth too, which is the kicker. I like a few issues, but too much. We shall wait and see.

I was,looking at the 4000 or below range. He Doesn't want to budge it seems. Sucks.

He is local, yes? Meet up and show him forty $100 bills. Use asr's line. He will take it, I'd bet.

:grin:

-slym

Agreed. Flash the green.

The biggest problem for buying raw is you don't know if those key issues come back purple or not. It is definitely devalue the whole collection tremendously hence overpriced, no one can guaranteed unless you know for sure that the seller bought them since he was a kid.

Use the reason and make your offer of $4000 or whatever that you see fit. GL

He is local, yes? Meet up and show him forty $100 bills. Use asr's line. He will take it, I'd bet.

:grin:

-slym

This^^^

Hearing an offer of $4000, is not the same as actually seeing it all in cash inchs from you.

That much cash can hypnotize a person, I bet he goes for it too

You should come up with a complicated formula to confuse the seller.

Something like 105% guide for the big keys (1 / GS / 94), 60% guide for the mid keys, and 15% guide for everything else.

X = Three Fiddy

math-formula-chalkboard.jpg

The biggest problem for buying raw is you don't know if those key issues come back purple or not. It is definitely devalue the whole collection tremendously hence overpriced, no one can guaranteed unless you know for sure that the seller bought them since he was a kid.

Use the reason and make your offer of $4000 or whatever that you see fit. GL

Yes, this could be a big issue.

Try to hire someone (or appeal to their charitable nature) knowledgable from the boards who is local and knowledgeable on restoration and can look at the books with you in person.

You should come up with a complicated formula to confuse the seller.

Something like 105% guide for the big keys (1 / GS / 94), 60% guide for the mid keys, and 15% guide for everything else.

X = Three Fiddy

math-formula-chalkboard.jpg

These are great.!! I will wait and see.