• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So, what GA books are you ... get this! ... reading?

26 posts in this topic

I certainly enjoy owning some high value GA books, and get great pleasure in the art of GA collecting...

... but, hey, these GA books are a great read as well ... :whatev:

... whether I'm reading the originals or the reprints (such as the DC Archive Editions) ...

So, I thought I'd ask, what GA books are you reading? :o

My current read is the Detective comics run - starting at 27 (in the Archive Edition), I've got myself to 37, and am loving every 1930s page of it...

currently reading marvel mystery comics #4 out of the marvel omnibus.

Also have ec reprints of the haunt of fear I am gonna start soon.

ECs are greatness! Good taste

And Kudos to Boxingfan for the Tip on upcoming Superman GA archive coming out this summer. I enjoy reading as much as collecting, so can't wait to dive into the early action stories.

At the moment I am reading Pirates Comics and EC's Piracy again. Last weekend I savored.. uh I mean read my GA Sandman vol 1 ...

Hmm. I've got a World's Finest 54 I picked up at ECCC that's still on my "to read" pile. But at the moment I'm looking at a batch of Looney Tunes that showed in the mail today, which I collect to read. (Or at least to read the Mary Jane & Sniffles stories and flip through the rest of the book to see if anything catches my eye.)

Also working my way though a 1st print Picture Stories From The Bible (Old Testament) I got at ECCC, seems fitting for around Easter.

I've been reading the GA Batman stories in publication order. I had to put them in order in a spreadsheet, and I'm reading the Archives, not originals. So far I've read the first 50 stories which appear in Detective 27-53, Batman 1-5, New York World's Fair 1940, World's Best 1, and World's Finest 2. Next up is Batman 6. :)

Got lucky and picked up an All American Comics 1, and a World's Finest 40 at Gem City last weekend, received a package from our own Chuck Gower Monday with Sensation 12 and 13, and it's time to pull out a few of the late GA Actions that have been accumulating in the basement Crypt of Comics. (Several issues between 100 and 200 have piled up over the winter)

If the weather tanks late this weekend as the weather dude foretold, its reading time for me.

Looks like an All DC weekend, lol

Comic collectors might appreciate this opener to "The Three Who Waited" from Weird Horrors #7:

"Abel Starkland had a hobby. He collected all kinds of bronze objects. While he wouldn't think of paying good wages to his help, or giving anyone a break in business, there was no limit to the amount he'd spend to buy a new piece for his collection."

http://comicbookplus.com/?dlid=18998