• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED/SOLD Incredible Hulk 181 Bronze Grail!

12 posts in this topic

I've decided to sell off a copy of Hulk 181. I just picked it from the original owner who purchased it back in 1975, so this is an unrestored copy. There are a few flaws including some foxing, soiling, spine ticks and the top right corner shows some minor wear. Aside from that, this book displays beautifully, and the cover really gives off a nice glossy appearance. The staples are tight and the centering couldn't be better. The marvel value stamp is even intact! The book comes with 2 sheets of micro-chamber paper, and I put it in a Myelites2 bag with a Gerber full backing board. I'm asking $800 OBO plus $10 shipping. I will ship this book out in a sturdy box via usps. Please pm me with your offers. Thanks!

1_zps6628267d.jpg

2_zps82a390bb.jpg

DSCF5795_zps7d190112.jpg

DSCF5797_zps3b9a8e76.jpg

DSCF5796_zps79c9154f.jpg

DSCF5799_zpsee69a925.jpg

DSCF5798_zps85608b72.jpg

DSCF5800_zpsd4f8933e.jpg

DSCF5790_zpsd42544f6.jpg

DSCF5791_zps73680b42.jpg

DSCF5792_zpsfdad37bf.jpg

DSCF5793_zps86112cd4.jpg

DSCF5802_zps33812d1f.jpg

I've decided to sell off a copy of Hulk 181.

Hi Darkowl, Welcome to the boards, as a rule members are encouraged to group their sales threads into single threads unless listing widely disparate items (like one thread for $1 books, and a different thread for CGC high grade high dollar books, or one thread for comics and a different thread for GA Pulps).

If you are listing any more books, please add them to the existing threads (you could modify the OP subject to be more inclusive of the additional books)

Just an FYI for going forward, good luck with this sale, and the Silver Surfer thread.

ps nice book!

what are those stains on the inside cover? is that mold? and, do you guarantee it is NOT restored?

Seems like mold would be a sign of water damage, which clearly isn't the case here. The stains look like dirt to me. How do you normally guarantee a comic book is not restored? Regardless, I guarantee there hasn't been any restoration done to the book as I'm taking the original owners word for it.

How do you normally guarantee a comic book is not restored?

If you're not able to tell, then you offer a refund if the book comes back with a purple label. If you want to make a guarantee, that is.

Thanks. Works for me.