• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GA Comics, OA GA art and pulps FOR SALE!

37 posts in this topic

Time to thin out the ranks a bit! Offering up some odds and ends from 1932 to 1941.

As usual, :takeit: gets the book, but feel free to PM me if you wish to buy privately.

I ship from Canada, via postal service: $25 per comic, $12 per pulp, and $45 for the comic art. I will combine shipping on multiple purchases. PM me to arrange other shipping method.

Paypal, money order or check (if I know you) accepted.

PM me with any questions! And feel free to make me an offer.

Thanks for looking!

SCIENCE COMICS #3, April 1940. Raw copy, approx. 3.0, with cream to O/W pages, no detected restoration.

This was purchased off ebay last year. Pretty safe to say this is unrestored… it’s a decent lower grade copy. Book has a spine roll, cover still attached at both staples. Some non color-breaking creasing on bottom right edge of cover. Some tanning at bottom edge of cover, and even tanning to inside covers. Pages are more on the cream side, but still very supple, no signs of brittleness. Centerfold detached at bottom staple only.

This classic Tuska cover never goes out of style, and remains one of the best sci fi covers of the early golden age. Good candidate for pressing, or minor resto work.

Asking: SOLD!!

SCI3coverscan_zps93cfe6e5.jpg

sci3coverdetail_zpsc57e339d.jpg

sci3coverdetail2_zps43634a88.jpg

sci3int1_zpse1694b8c.jpg

sci3cf_zps67991697.jpg

sci3bc_zpsa0cd616d.jpg

PRIZE COMICS #9, Feb 1941. CGC universal 3.0, with cream to O/W pages (de-slabbed)

This is a nice lower grade copy of a great title, featuring two Kirby stories, an early Briefer Frankenstein story, and a Mac Raboy strip, among others.

Tape as noted on the CGC label.

Asking: $225

prize9cover_zpsca1cc881.jpg

prize9cgclabel_zpsb9d4ec27.jpg

prize9splash_zpsd8fdfd25.jpg

prize9int1_zps21c53def.jpg

prize9bc_zps5a7e6d8f.jpg

PRIZE930_zpsbde62456.jpg

SILVER STREAK COMICS #4, May 1940. CGC universal 6.5, with O/W pages (de-slabbed)

I picked this beauty up from Bedrock years ago… an amazing copy with fantastic supple pages, covers and C/F firmly attached. Nice light inside covers. No flaws or ugliness to speak of… just pure GA goodness. Great Jack Cole lead story!

Asking: $695

SILSTR4cgc65_zps7ec87526.jpg

c.jpg

SILSTR4int1.jpg

Two Pages of Original Art: Power Man story, FIGHT COMICS #5 (1940)

The last two pages of the Power Man story, by John Celardo. Great action sequence of Power Man fighting an ape, plus narcotics on the last page! Golden age at its finest, as published by Fiction House.

Pages have an image size of 13 x 18”, in very good condition. Purchased from Heritage.

Asking: $575

fight5OApg4_zps2471f101.jpeg

fight5OApg5_zps7262076a.jpeg

AMAZING DETECTIVE TALES, June 1930. VG copy

Super-nice copy of a really tough Gernsback bedsheet. GREAT Hypo/drug cover.

Solid condition overall, small chip out of top right corner of cover. VERY light subscription crease down center of cover. Very clean front cover. Spine is 99% complete, with two really small pieces out of lower portion of spine (see photos). Backcover complete with minor soiling. Interior pages are creamy, slightly darker at edges but very even overall. Factory trimmed. Complete, no coupons out.

Asking: $175

AMDETTALESfc_zps603bdb2b.jpg

AMDETTALESspine_zps58168510.jpg

AMDETTALESint_zps83007cdd.jpg

AMDETTALESbc_zps76ffa2d0.jpg

SCI3coverscan_zps93cfe6e5.jpg

Some of the elements of this cover bear similarities to Weird Comics #1, which was credited as being done by Fine until recently when it was credited to Tuska

Nice! GLWTS (thumbs u

Thanks! Now for the rest of the sale...

HORROR STORIES (oct-nov 1939). good + (archival tape repair inside cover)

Another GREAT weird menace cover… Bought this one years ago and hung onto it, as its one of the oddest girl-in-glass-tube covers I’ve ever seen.

When I bought it, it had a 4” tear on cover, from BLOOD at bottom up to the lower mad scientist’s head. I repaired it cleanly with archival tape so the tear would not extend. Other than that, no tape. Moderate edge wear, complete spine, supple creamy pages with light shadowing to edges. Pulp is slightly wavy. No trimming. Uncommon issue!

asking: $85

horroroct-novfc_zps111ec5a3.jpg

horroroct-novfcdetail_zps033ac9a0.jpg

horroroct-novintcover_zps359e8821.jpg

horroroct-novint_zps129d9833.jpg

horroroct-novbc_zps83e20952.jpg

SECRET AGENT X, Oct 1935. good/good +

Decent low grade copy, everything intact. No fading to spine. Creamy supple pages with tanning to edges.

Midget vampire cover!! They don't make them like this anymore.

Asking: SOLD!

saxoctcover_zps330614b5.jpg

saxoctint_zps17d1a038.jpg

WONDER STORIES, apr 1932. VG condition. Bedsheet format.

Above average copy with light fading to spine, but pages are pristine white (slick, not newsprint). Super bright colors on cover.

wonderapr32cover_zpsf81880cf.jpg

wonderapr32int_zpsce841ed1.jpg

WONDER STORIES, jan 1933. VG- condition. Bedsheet format.

Decent copy, staple-bound with some wear to spine. Cover and CF firmly intact. Pages are creamy, supple. Crease at bottom right edge of cover that goes through the book. GREAT Frank R. Paul cover, and great colors.

wonderjan33cover_zps62e0b551.jpg

wonderjan33int_zps62579905.jpg

WONDER STORIES, feb 1934. VG condition.

Really nice copy, no spine fade, edge wear to cover and crease on bottom right corner of cover. Pages are super nice, light cream and supple.

Asking: $35

wonderfeb34cover_zps89bad71e.jpg

wonderfeb34int_zpsff29b31d.jpg

WONDER STORIES, jan 1935. VG condition.

Really nice copy, very mild spine fade, light edge wear to cover. Light vertical subscription crease on cover. Pages are super nice, light cream and supple.

Asking: $35

wonderjan35cover_zpsfffcb95f.jpg

wonderjan35int_zpsb12ca868.jpg

WONDER STORIES, apr 1935. GOOD+ condition.

Nice copy, no spine fade, edge wear to cover. Cover has been reinforced with some glue near spine. Pages are super nice, light cream and supple. Great underwater cover.

Asking: SOLD

wonderapr35cover_zpsc022e59a.jpg

wonderapr35int_zps96cd640a.jpg

Complete set of DOCTOR DEATH pulps, three issues, 1935.

(feb. #1): VG/fine; (mar. #2): G/VG; (april #3): G/VG

Very nice solid set with great eye appeal. First issue is the nicest, a very clean issue. Second issue has tape lining inside front and back covers on side and bottom edge, plus two small pieces of tape on back cover. Third issue has cover reattached neatly with glue to first interior page. Pages overall are creamy, and supple, with only mild tanning to edges.

A tough pulp set to complete! One of the few villain titles of the pulp era.

asking: SOLD for the set of three pulps

drdeathcovergroup_zpsf6fd2837.jpg

drdeathbcgroup_zpsabbc9562.jpg

drdeathspines_zpsb5ed07bf.jpg

drdeath1cover_zpsabb85eb3.jpg

drdeath2cover_zps3a6a8017.jpg

drdeath3cover_zps4909b659.jpg

drdeath1int_zpsa11eadb6.jpg

drdeath2int_zpsf09b1737.jpg