• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Canada Post Horror Story

35 posts in this topic

You know what i hate about Canada Post? Everything.

So I am waiting for a package from the US - sent using USPS. It has a tracking number, CF105747044US - $400 in books. Well I paid $400.

"Addressee cannot be located - Item being held, addressee being notified

March 20, 2013, 7:34 am"

Thats what it says on the USPS.com website.

So I contact them they said to contact the people who deal with my mail; Canada Post.

I put the tracking number into Canadapost.com

"2013/03/20 07:34 SCARBOROUGH Item arrived at the Undeliverable Mail Office. Please contact Cust Service"

I contact Canada Post and here are the cliff notes

- address information was somehow damaged

- my address is not on the package

- I need to get the sender to contact Canada Post and have them send the package back to him at their cost. He has to pay to get the package sent back to him because of the damaged label

- I can't get the package

"oh I have to wait forever to get my package from Canada and I live in Australia"

Well I live in Canada, bought an item and paid through paypal, have tracking information through paypal, and Canada post will not give me my package.

Canada Post employee currently muttering to hisself, "I'll fix that father raper's wagon...."

Rapper has two p's :gossip:

Yes, but raper has one.

Rap about Canada post coming up?

Full Disclosure - Inside were a few copies of Sex #1 and a few other modern titles.

So it could have been a lot worse. If I lost some vintage books I'd be so pissed I'd make a rap video - modern titles I can always find more of.

You're likely dealing with a clerk who's going from old policies likely written pre-fax, internet etc..

Request to escalate it to a supervisor in customer service and if you don't have something that clearly references the package ID with your address (from an online resource) have the shipper send you an email with their full address/phone along with a clear outline that they've sent pkg # ____ to your address

In all cases, keep your cool because if you come across as a jerk they'll look for a reason to say "no" to you

You know what i hate about Canada Post? Everything.

So I am waiting for a package from the US - sent using USPS. It has a tracking number, CF105747044US - $400 in books. Well I paid $400.

"Addressee cannot be located - Item being held, addressee being notified

March 20, 2013, 7:34 am"

Thats what it says on the USPS.com website.

So I contact them they said to contact the people who deal with my mail; Canada Post.

I put the tracking number into Canadapost.com

"2013/03/20 07:34 SCARBOROUGH Item arrived at the Undeliverable Mail Office. Please contact Cust Service"

I contact Canada Post and here are the cliff notes

- address information was somehow damaged

- my address is not on the package

- I need to get the sender to contact Canada Post and have them send the package back to him at their cost. He has to pay to get the package sent back to him because of the damaged label

- I can't get the package

"oh I have to wait forever to get my package from Canada and I live in Australia"

Well I live in Canada, bought an item and paid through paypal, have tracking information through paypal, and Canada post will not give me my package.

Ask the sender to contact Canada Post and give them the correct address and insist that Canada Post deliver it to you. There's no reason to return it to sender.

I told the sender to contact Canada Post and see if they can get the package released to me.

The nicest women ever, who owns the Post office I go to and has a great repor with me said she couldn't help me after she contacted her supervisor with the tracking number.

Apparently this isn't a good enough address:

Jimmy Linguiniii

Mom's Basement

SCARBOROUGH, CAN

I'm pretty sure I'd be a more famous rap star if I lived in Scarborough.

Mainly because I would have been shot by now.