• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should I be upset?

58 posts in this topic

I don't understand. You bought a 9.8 label, and received a 9.8 label.

The fact that the seller also gave you a comic with your purchase, should be considered a bonus.

It's just wha-whahh sniffle.

I can understand being a bit disappointed, but not feeling ripped off. You were buying a CGC 9.8 and that's what you got. If you think your definition of what's acceptable in 9.8 is at variance with CGC's, or that all CGC 9.8s aren't equal, then in the future wait until you can see at least a high res scan before pulling the trigger.

The fact that the seller also gave you a comic with your purchase, should be considered a bonus.

Was the condition of the label not up to par? I can certainly understand his angst if the label was only in 9.2 condition, when he paid for a 9.8.

Was the condition of the label not up to par? I can certainly understand his angst if the label was only in 9.2 condition, when he paid for a 9.8.

Six color breaks on the front and one on the back. A pic would be nice but that would put it around a 9.2-9.4?

Six color breaks on the front and one on the back. A pic would be nice but that would put it around a 9.2-9.4?

I've never had a problem with a CGC grade until I got this book today. I was floored that it was a 9.8. I don't have a scanner at home, so the scans will have to wait, but there are multiple color breaking stresses. By my count, 7: 6 on the front cover and one on the back. How the hell does a book like that get a 9.8? Scans to come.

Thanks to all for your input, including those who think I'm a whiner. I'm never above thinking I'm behaving unreasonably. That's why I wanted to hear from you fine folks.

I've never had a problem with a CGC grade until I got this book today. I was floored that it was a 9.8. I don't have a scanner at home, so the scans will have to wait, but there are multiple color breaking stresses. By my count, 7: 6 on the front cover and one on the back. How the hell does a book like that get a 9.8? Scans to come.

Thanks to all for your input, including those who think I'm a whiner. I'm never above thinking I'm behaving unreasonably. That's why I wanted to hear from you fine folks.

Then return it,sheesh! :eyeroll::blahblah:Wambulance.jpg

This is a pic of my 9.8. At least half the tics that the OP has on his 9.8

20130402011106.jpg

:o

Christonabike, this is during CGC's 'tough' period?

:facepalm:

Pretty grim, lol all the mid to low grade stuff I have just sent you Nick, I expect to come back as high grade now :banana:

20130402011106.jpg

Moderns are especially lenient right now, its the high grade vintage material (bronze and earlier) that is getting killed. Low grade vintage material also seems to be somewhat lenient.

20130402011106.jpg

Moderns are especially lenient right now, its the high grade vintage material (bronze and earlier) that is getting killed. Low grade vintage material also seems to be somewhat lenient.

I better sub some moderns! :ohnoez: