• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Strange Tales Annual 2

35 posts in this topic

WOW!!!

50k price tag! Only 1 9.8, 1 9.6 and 5 9.4's on the census so this is one of the few SA Marvels where this might actually stay the top copy.

Thats an INSANE book! (worship)

WOW!!!

50k price tag! Only 1 9.8, 1 9.6 and 5 9.4's on the census so this is one of the few SA Marvels where this might actually stay the top copy.

Agreed, there cant be another of those out there, can there.

A lot of cash but if you can afford it, I dont think you can ever lose on this book.

Unfortunately to rich for me :cry:

With only 1 other 9.6 and 5 9.4's, the odds of one pressing up to 9.8 dont seem very good. There could be a couple raws floating around but even that doesnt seem very likely that they would be 9.8 candidates.

I'm not a Strange Tales guy so the price seems a tad bit high to me but I cant really tell. I did a quick check of gpa and other than this book selling in 2007, there wasnt even a public 9.6 sale on their site. The last 9.4 sale was a few years ago for over $5,000 so maybe this one isnt too high (shrug)

With only 1 other 9.6 and 5 9.4's, the odds of one pressing up to 9.8 dont seem very good. There could be a couple raws floating around but even that doesnt seem very likely that they would be 9.8 candidates.

I'm not a Strange Tales guy so the price seems a tad bit high to me but I cant really tell. I did a quick check of gpa and other than this book selling in 2007, there wasnt even a public 9.6 sale on their site. The last 9.4 sale was a few years ago for over $5,000 so maybe this one isnt too high (shrug)

9.8 Pacific Coast Ped, the only one in the world, you know you want it :baiting:

9.8 Pacific Coast Ped, the only one in the world, you know you want it :baiting:

Take a 0 off the price and i'd be all over it. Unfortunately, i dont have a spare 50k burning a hole in my pocket. It sure is nice though!

WOW!!!

For a high grade Spidey collector who is in it for the long haul this must be a must have book. Someone bought a 9.2 Canadian edition for only $538 in 2009! :o

It's a pretty book for sure...can't see someone tying up $50K in that book though. Even if the money is no object, there's so many other books or options to put $50K into that would be much more liquid. How many people would be dying to add this book to their collection at this price...I'm sure you could count them on one hand... 2c

It's a pretty book for sure...can't see someone tying up $50K in that book though. Even if the money is no object, there's so many other books or options to put $50K into that would be much more liquid. How many people would be dying to add this book to their collection at this price...I'm sure you could count them on one hand... 2c

After they had a fireworks accident and lost 2 fingers :gossip:

I'm surprised Schmell didnt own this. When i looked at gpa i assumed the sale was going to be from last years HA auction. i only followed the Avengers in that auction and never really looked at the ST's.

I'd agree it probably isnt a very good investment book especially compared to a 50K AF15 or maybe FF1/IH1 but DAMN would that be a cool book to own if you had the $$$ ! (worship)

+1