• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Showcase 8 CGC 3.0 OW $835 shipped

50 posts in this topic

Showcase 8 CGC 3.0 OW $835

XwhcQTP.jpg

QXcFicj.jpg

Second Silver Age Flash by Infantino (may he R.I.P.); first appearance of Captain Cold.

Fantastic page quality for a 1957 DC. I've only seen this book with C/OW page quality. Frankly, I think CGC was harsh on both the grade and PQ. I thought it was a 3.5 and OW/W. Oh well :shrug:

Gonna leave this up til this evening. If someone hits the BIN before 12.30 pm, I can ship today.

Showcase 8 CGC 3.0 OW $835

XwhcQTP.jpg

QXcFicj.jpg

Second Silver Age Flash by Infantino (may he R.I.P.); first appearance of Captain Cold.

Fantastic page quality for a 1957 DC. I've only seen this book with C/OW page quality. Frankly, I think CGC was harsh on both the grade and PQ. I thought it was a 3.5 and OW/W. Oh well :shrug:

Gonna leave this up til this evening. If someone hits the BIN before 12.30 pm, I can ship today.

Nice presenting 3.0! And you're right about the PQ being rare for this book.

You're on a roll... what's the "Book of the Day" ?

I'm gonna list one more...sadly it's a book that's been COLD as ICE (but may perk back up after the headline from yesterday :sorry:)

I don't mean to on your thread, but maybe it would be more tactful if you just didn't mention Infantino's death when listing his books. It does seem like your trying to making money off the fact he just died, and rubs me the wrong way that you're even mentioning him as your trying to sell a book.

I don't think Brock was trying to profit from the end of Infantino's fabulous life and career. When someone passes it always increases our awareness of how great their career was and the grim realization that their artistic work is finished and will forever be limited. Great artist's works always seem to increase in value after they have died. I was fortunate to meet the man and have him do a sketch for me.

I don't think Brock was trying to profit from the end of Infantino's fabulous life and career. When someone passes it always increases our awareness of how great their career was and the grim realization that their artistic work is finished and will forever be limited. Great artist's works always seem to increase in value after they have died. I was fortunate to meet the man and have him do a sketch for me.

Perhaps that's true. I'll give the seller the benefit of the doubt I guess, but Infantino was a legend and one of my favorite artists of the Silver Age and it just disturbed me to see his name used to sell a book the day after his passing. I'll get over it though.