• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Green + yellow = ?

49 posts in this topic

How can manufacture error result in green? I have a mind the gap recall due to color issues on page 17, but still got a blue 9.8.

Heck, even wolverine 35 was graded looser once the spine issue was beaten to death. And those are blue.

How can manufacture error result in green? I have a mind the gap recall due to color issues on page 17, but still got a blue 9.8.

Heck, even wolverine 35 was graded looser once the spine issue was beaten to death. And those are blue.

It is not just any old production issue. Severe miscuts, books with different interiors on the inside, upside down pages are the types of things.

The yellow label is basically the same as a green label. It gives the grade of the book minus the one obvious significant flaw.

If the book is green and gets SS, the yellow is given for the signature flaw but the other flaw falls into the grade on the label.

Gotta be careful where you make that statement, my friend:

sstantrum.jpg

It is not just any old production issue. Severe miscuts

There's a Chew #1 in a 9.8 Universal holder that's literally a rhombus. It used to belong to Forrest (Mac Man) I think.

Nice Batman 4

Would you believe me if I told you I dream about the flame-haired Adonis that sold me that book?

Ok, what about comics that are missing the foil? Venom for example.
As far as foil less books are concerned, they get green except the venom.

There's no such thing as a yellow/green label :makepoint:

If a qualified book gets SS'ed, it'll end up in a yellow label with the qualifying defect now affecting the grade - for a previously qualified book with a physical defect (like a missing coupon, a back cover tear, or a missing page) you're looking at a huge grade drop.

Then that's pure discrimination against green. :sick:

Im used to it.

It is not just any old production issue. Severe miscuts

There's a Chew #1 in a 9.8 Universal holder that's literally a rhombus. It used to belong to Forrest (Mac Man) I think.

Nice Batman 4

Would you believe me if I told you I dream about the flame-haired Adonis that sold me that book?

Some of the MTU 35s in blue slabs are rhomboid as well.

I'm wondering the same. I've seen several books get a green label due to a manufacturing error.

Why does a book like Venom Black get a blue label, while other error books get a green?

I saw the yellow purple hybrid one one their site but haven't seen the yellow/green one yet. Thanks for the input.

There is no yellow/green. The yellow label is a qualified label. The book will get a yellow label with a grade drop for whatever caused it to be in a green label.

How do the pages being upside down affect the grade?

I don't think it affected the grading much cause it's a 9.8 just got the green label for a

Manufacturing error. Has anyone ever seen a green label higher then 9.8?

The green label means the book isn't a 9.8 because of the defect. I want to know how CGC would grade a book universally with upside down pages.

you will find out when you send it in and get it back - and not before.

Meanwhile you might find this thread interesting reading

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4421055#Post4421055

I'm wondering the same. I've seen several books get a green label due to a manufacturing error.

Why does a book like Venom Black get a blue label, while other error books get a green?

CGC has ignored this question time and time again. The first blue label black venom i saw for sale was from heritage. They subsequently sold several more after that, draw your own conclusions.

I saw the yellow purple hybrid one one their site but haven't seen the yellow/green one yet. Thanks for the input.

There is no yellow/green. The yellow label is a qualified label. The book will get a yellow label with a grade drop for whatever caused it to be in a green label.

I don't think it affected the grading much cause it's a 9.8 just got the green label for a

The green label means the book isn't a 9.8 because of the defect. I want to know how CGC would grade a book universally with upside down pages.

Even if I did own a book with upside down pages, I wouldn't be submitting it.

because its coming back green?

Because I don't really care for submitting books anymore.

Depending on the value of the book, this might be an ideal way to get it out of the Green Label of Death and just have the qualifying defect noted on the label. Some qualifying defects, like say a pulled staple or missing coupons, you may get really hammered on the grade and be better off GLOD. But I think it is entirely possible that a book like the OP has, or say a defect like "cleaned staples" may emerge with very little effect on the grade. I am not saying I know what CGC will do - I don't - but I'd take a chance on a book like what the OP has.

Submitting and getting back is how you learn. Knowledge always costs something.

Kind of an odd thread to be hanging out in eh? :baiting:

Seeing as it's the CGC boards it's probably an odd message board to be hanging out in then really.

IBecause I don't really care for submitting books anymore.

Seeing as it's the CGC boards it's probably an odd message board to be hanging out in then really.

I remind myself to be respectful to and grateful towards CGC for providing this forum. But lots of collectors that post on these forums have very few CGC graded books and many have never submitted books to CGC themselves.

This forum is populated by collectors of comic books and related items. We tend to forget that collecting CGC graded books is a tiny part of the hobby. There are three comic book stores in town and I doubt there are three CGC graded books between them.

So I don't think it odd at all that you are a active and well known member of this message board but don't do much in the way of submissions. And I rather enjoy your posts. It must be that wicked British sense of humor...