• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A BUNCH OF PRETTY FLASHES FOR 8/24/04

46 posts in this topic

i actually prefer the cover to 137 with the two flashes duking it out and Vandal Savage hopping away.

this book was graded as an 8.5 with ow/w pgs. i think it looks beautiful. it has the small corner creases in the LLC and URC. otherwise very nice...........

again, for those not familiar with these 3 books (123, 129, 137) they paved the way for the reintroduction of the JSA (which, as it turns out, were all living in a parallel universe called Earth 2).........in 137 the JSA appears for the first time in the silver age and decides to reform....... cloud9.gif

Yup, they're all awesome books. I didn't have a scan of my copy of 137 yesterday, so couldn't post it up, but I prefer seeing your copies anyway because of their history. But since you didn't post a 139, I'll put mine up.

580251-Flash%20139.jpg

589a8cf600b0b_580251-Flash139.jpg.b914f9cb5b1ccf1068e23cdcb8117918.jpg

Wow!! Great Flash covers! I really love the old Flash issues, and my favorite is the classic #123. When I first read Crisis, I immediately started looking for the old GA crossovers...I bought #123 off an old retired couple in southern CA who had listed the book in the LA Times classifieds. The #139 is amazing!!

Thanks. I think someone on another thread said that the Western Penn owner appeared to have gone out of his way to buy miscut books. I can confirm that the QP on most Western Penn DCs that I've seen is very good to outstanding!

wow - have yet to get a 9.6 on any book. AND white pages...........

Harry:

If your looking for sympathy, you've come to the wrong place. sorry.gif

Yeah, your 1,000 high-grade book collection is junk. If you send them to me, I will be glad to dispose of them. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Tim: Great books. Wow that Western Penn guy really knew how to pick'em, the scan doesn't truly reflect how awesome that book really is. Show us some more, like the 9.6 140 and 141. It's been a long time since I saw that Flash run. You're making me cry.

Tom

Nice copy! This is the one where there was a debate as to whether the guy in the background is Stan Lee, right?

Yep 27_laughing.gif I actually asked Neal Adams the question when I met him in San Diego, and he looked at me like I was on crack, so I guess the answer is "NO". tonofbricks.gif

Nice copy! This is the one where there was a debate as to whether the guy in the background is Stan Lee, right?

Yep 27_laughing.gif I actually asked Neal Adams the question when I met him in San Diego, and he looked at me like I was on crack, so I guess the answer is "NO". tonofbricks.gif

27_laughing.gif That settles that debate!

Thanks Tom. BB already posted a 140, but I'll try to scan my 141 when I get a chance and put it up. You should share some of the history of the Western Penn collection with us. No names, of course, but maybe some of the story behind the collection?