• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NOW SUMMARIZED (pg 9) - If you could only read 3 moderns what would they be?

94 posts in this topic

It seems like there are so many great moderns being published right now, I'm looking to start a couple new series, but want to limit it. Suggestions? I've been reading Bedlam, which is great, but looking for a few more titles to add to my list. Subject matter isn't so important to me so long as the writing is top notch and the art complements it. I'm more of a story guy than an art guy, but appreciate well drawn panels as well.

Clone - it won't be suggested on this thread a lot, but it has been good so far

Mind MGMT - Matt Kindt is so unique and I just love this

Think Tank - the research into this deserves more readers

There are a lot of great titles out, so it would be hard to reduce the list to three, but my top three currently are:

Saga (well written + top notch art)

Mind MGNT (the high concept stimulates my brain)

Chew (dark humor + i love the Easter eggs in the art)

I just finished the second issue of the new Thor: God of Thunder last night and that has been impressive thru 2 issues; it could be a contender for top 3 in a few more issues

So far Saga seems like a slam dunk - YTLM is one of my favorite books ever, so I'm definitely going to pick up Saga soon. Keep the top 3's coming!

I love Y, but Saga is BKV's best work.

Read it

Manhattan Projects

Walking Dead

Nowhere Men

Your post will not be taken seriously unless it contains the word "Saga."