• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fugliest Key Book You Own Appreciation Thread

74 posts in this topic

This is the lowest grade book in my collection. But it is still held together solidly and the pages are still nice. You know, I think this would be ojn do the last pre-codes I would upgrade. I just admire this book's tenacity! grin.gif

start11.jpg

Not a key book but pretty darn Fugly

Dang you Newt! Dang you to HECK!!!!!!!!! 893frustrated.gif I had FINALLY gotten over my disinclination to have a meal - was just gonna prep the steal and raice and corn on the cob - and now THIS. Time for an unplanned for mai tai! (err - thanks for THAT grin.gif) but DANG you!

But I know what you are trying to do. You KNWO we graded Round 1 a 9.2 - I was right there with the 9.2 - you are trying to infilterate the team I am on and make us too ill to grade properly. Well think AGAIN, Mister Man! I got scans to show you that will make Ms. Yankovic look plain bee-yoo-tee-full.

Well, actually, I don't but the threat is good.

::typo - yeah -0 I misspelled "Yankovic" - netter than misspelling "any" 893frustrated.gif::

I'm familar with the X-Men copy but is that 10-years worth of rat chewing on that All Winners? What happened?

That's rat chew all right -- Jap bustin', Nazi stompin' Rat Chew of Justice! sumo.gif

I found that book while helping an LCS owner go thru 50 dirty, smelly boxes of 80's crud. It was stuck right between a stack of Booster Gold and Six From Serius. 893whatthe.gif

Pov, that's a killer book!!! thumbsup2.gif

Thanks Rhino - it is a weird one. The inks are still amazingly rich. Yet there are those yellow areas at the botom. Yet it is held together VERY firmly. But it is creased a lot.

I don;t care. Every time I look at it I grin like a banshee. And believe me, banshees can grin! grin.gif

Thanks Rhino - it is a weird one. The inks are still amazingly rich. Yet there are those yellow areas at the botom. Yet it is held together VERY firmly. But it is creased a lot.

For some reason Startling Terror 11s often go yellow like that. Great book nevertheless.

crime22.jpg

It actually presents much better than a 3.0, but the pages are kind of yellowing and brittle. frown.gif

So why does the label say "cream to off-white pages"?

I think it's supposed to say SCREAM to off-white pages....

What a great book, and CLASSIC cover! Thanks for sharing!

crime22.jpg

It actually presents much better than a 3.0, but the pages are kind of yellowing and brittle. frown.gif

Sheesh....

I WISH that was the ugliest book I owned. foreheadslap.gif The eye appeal isn't bad at all... to me, that is a semi-desirable copy. tongue.gif

Here's one of my lowest graders, and if it weren't for the fact that Subby's head is missing, the book would probably grade out in the Fair/Good range as there are pieces missing out of the interior too!! cloud9.gif

allselect1.jpg