• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reported: Carmine Infantino has passed away.

42 posts in this topic

I remember bumping into him in SDCC myself. He was actually lost and asked me to help him find his way back to his table. I did have the giant size Superman vs. Spiderman book so he gladly signed that and thanked me for guiding him.

I'm terribly saddened to come home from work and read this. A great man and a great artist has been taken from us. I believe he was as unique as this book will now remain, there will never be another one like either one of them. I consider myself fortunate beyond compare to have had the opportunity to have him sign it last year.

StrangeAdventures205Mexico.jpg

RIP Mr. Infantino

It was always great seeing him at NY shows.

My fondest memory was getting asked to answer Joe Simon's phone and it was Carmine...I give Joe the phone and he barked right into it "Carmine I am doing a signing I'll call ya back.....hehehe....yup doing a signing right now!"

If you guys could post some Infantino books, I'd appreciate it. He was a guy that I seemed to miss a lot, and after he got sick he was a really tough sig.

Here are the ones that I managed to garner over the years:

http://www.myslabbedcomics.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=6937&GSub=632

http://www.myslabbedcomics.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=7010&GSub=629

I may have him on a jam book, too.

I'm terribly saddened to come home from work and read this. A great man and a great artist has been taken from us. I believe he was as unique as this book will now remain, there will never be another one like either one of them. I consider myself fortunate beyond compare to have had the opportunity to have him sign it last year.

StrangeAdventures205Mexico.jpg

This is great!!