• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reported: Carmine Infantino has passed away.

42 posts in this topic

I met Mr. Infantino at my first and only SDCC in 2006. Just like Jerry Robinson, I walked right up, no waiting, spoke for a few minutes, got a sig or two and a quick sketch. He was very cordial and, as usual, I was too starstruck to make the most of the opportunity.

As my wife and I walked away, she asked why I was so happy with such a basic sketch. I had to explain what he had done, including work in the Golden Age, his redesign of the Flash, and years of work on Batman. I neglected his time at Marvel in the late 70s and early 80s, and while his time there certainly wasn't his pinnacle, it's still solid work.

My wife learned a little appreciation for comics history and I got to meet a giant!

Thanks, Carmine, you made many a day brighter, from childhood to just the last few months!

RIP.