• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ever lose a comic in your stash and tear through every box searching for it???

19 posts in this topic

I always buy 2 copies of almost everything I read/collect, so when I can't find one I start to get really pissed. I just "lost" my keeper copy #2 of the new Nova series, and am at a loss. I tore through all my unboxed books looking for it last night to no evail. I also serached in a bunch of other boxes thinking it might have slipped in them. I think I might have got it mixed in with something else, and now it is in some DC box or something. Anyhow, I went to the LCS to get another copy and, of course, they are sold out :P. I know I can get another, but that's not the point. I want to find that one.

Does this happen to you too???

Every week. Today I couldn't find my reader of EoW, but the other 43 copies were sitting right there. It always turns up a few hours to days later. Batman #7 the other week. It's always something.

Giant Size Xmen #1. Only copy I ever owned. I must have sold it in a $50 long box. lol

now, that's tragic.

It might explain why my $50 long boxes sold so fast. hm

Giant Size Xmen #1. Only copy I ever owned. I must have sold it in a $50 long box. lol

now, that's tragic.

Sold all to the same guy I assume. Bought one found gold and hoped for more gold in the others... BTW, how the heck do you ship a long box?!? From Canada that would be bank!

now, that's tragic.

today I found out the Giant Size 1 I'm selling is actually $1,100 :baiting:lol

Every time I sell something from one of my drek boxes that I listed on eBay last summer... doh! Otherwise I keep my moderns all alphabetical order and separated into Independent, Image and Marvel.

As do I, but before they get into the boxes I have them in nice stacks waiting to be stored away. I also have a box just to hold all my readers in until I'm done, then off to their respective boxes they go. I just can't even imagine where the hell this book walked off to.

now, that's tragic.

Sold all to the same guy I assume. Bought one found gold and hoped for more gold in the others... BTW, how the heck do you ship a long box?!? From Canada that would be bank!

Yes. ;)

I actually ship short boxes. In this case it was a local kijiji sale.

A few weeks ago I swore I had another Sixth Gun #1. I tore through all my boxes, it was killing me. Even had my LCS look up if I had bought one there. (I did for $1 :grin:)

Still thought I had another. Finally dug up an invoice I had and realized I had bought one less than I had thought.

I found some other cool books while digging though.

Wow! I keep everything categorized,would never lose a book ever.I guess it's the OCD in me. :eek:

CDO. Get it right. If you really are that organized you keep them alphabetical. :makepoint:

Wow! I keep everything categorized,would never lose a book ever.I guess it's the OCD in me. :eek:

I'm OCD as well. All my boxes are alpha-numeric by Marvel/DC/Dark Horse/Valiant/all others. I just know it was in one of the stacks on top of my boxes waiting to be stored. Unless maybe it was one of the books I inadvertantly had fall from my lap and smash the corners on a few weeks ago. In that case the books are worthless to me so I would have tossed them. Maybe that was one of them. I can only remember Superior Spider-Man #2 & 3 being victim to that, but maybe this book was one ot them as well.