• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your newest Pedigrees!!!
7 7

3,123 posts in this topic

:insane::insane: So no one cares that I found eight Green Rivers that had arrival dates other than Tuesday or Thursday!!?? :insane::insane:

You know I do all my research for YOU guys! Show some interest! :insane:

why monday? i'd have thought w/ holidays you might find date stamps one day later not earlier.

Okay..... this is what OCD collectors THRIVE ON! lol

Here we go FC.... I checked and ALL the dates that were neither Tuesday or Thursday.....were Mondays. Now....one possiblity was that for those eight books....the clerk or whoever was stamping just stamped the wrong date. But I took a closer examination of the five mondays that Green Rivers arrived on and here they are......

• May 21, 1963 - was the Monday before Memorial Day which fell on Thursday May 30, 1963

• Nov 21, 1966 - was the Monday before Thanksgiving which fell on Thursday Nov 24, 1966

• Nov 6, 1967 - was the Monday before Veterans Day which was observed on Friday Nov 10, 1967

• Nov 20, 1967 - was the Monday before Thanksgiving which fell on Thursday Nov 23, 1967

• Dec 18, 1967 - was a Monday, one week before Christmas.

I like the idea that if there were no delivers on a holiday day later in the week, the distributor moved the day up one day. Of course that makes no sense for the last date. But there is some kind of pattern here. Anyway, mull it over.

Red

Great data!

So where's the scatter chart! In fact, where's your website?

http://www.greenriverpedigree.com

Don't laud it over me with your TECH superiority. I just got the difference between tables and divs, so leave Fred Flintstone alone! (tsk)

By the way....would you describe that proposed scatter chart again. I have to admit I didn't get it the first time. (shrug)

Edited by Red Hook

Don't laud it over me with your TECH superiority. I just got the difference between tables and divs, so leave Fred Flintstone alone! (tsk)

lol Does your car run on foot power as well? :grin:

By the way....would you describe that proposed scatter chart again. I have to admit I didn't get it the first time. (shrug)

What happens if your ISP goes belly up and your data gets lost?

If you have a separate backup site and a development site, then you'd be fine.

(I.E. have a complete site backup on your local machine. Then make another complete backup that you call your development site. Make any new changes to THAT site.)

When you're satisfied and ready to roll your new site out, then you just upload the new site (or upload to a parallel folder structure and then cut over to the new site... leaving your old site alone in case you have problems with the new site.)

This way, your site is always up. (shrug)

The scatter chart was to chart each Green River Pedigree comic. Each point on the scatter chart represents one comic.

Charted over time and correlated to the Stevens brothers' timeline, it could show when their collection started and stopped. (It could also discount or enhance suspected Green River pedigree candidates.) (The end should be a gradual progression as I'm sure they continued to pick up the odd comic after they stopped collecting.)

An overlay could show GR comics as they came out of Hauser's/Haack's hands and were sold years later. Beles' GR comics would show up in 2003. Haack's big sale that you and I were involved in for about 30 eBay auctions would show up in 2003-2004 as well.

Shin! Babes! I have a complete duplicate of every file on the site (including scans) sitting on my beautiful Mac desktop. And another complete duplicate of every file on the site (including scans) sitting on an external hard drive. I always edit there and then upload the files.

Give a little credit Shin. I've been working on the computer for 15 years and have over that time lost zero files. meh

I simply decided to not keep the site up while I worked on it. Take a breather you might say. And I like the idea of the scatter chart, although I think the chronological list of dates of known GR's will give similarly useful info.

(thumbs u

Shin! Babes! I have a complete duplicate of every file on the site (including scans) sitting on my beautiful Mac desktop. And another complete duplicate of every file on the site (including scans) sitting on an external hard drive. I always edit there and then upload the files.

Give a little credit Shin. I've been working on the computer for 15 years and have over that time lost zero files. meh

Then why take your website down? The web spiders must have a field day with your site registering as being up and down at times...

Shin, I couldn't care less about that. When it's ready for reboot it will be ready. What can I say? (shrug)

BTW....my data starts with dates in January 1963 and shows a dead stop in date stamps in December of 1967, so I suspect there are Greenies out there that run before and after acknowledged GR dates. They went all of 1967 with a date stamper that didn't have the current year after it......I wonder if they bought a new stamper and later GRs have ""1968" as part of the date.

Gotta get this thread back to the top of the Boards...today was a three different packages day...yay :) This batch I think that even a certain Roy Delic can appreciate...even sober :)

WM J.I.M. #107

WMJIM107.jpg

WM J.I.M. # 120

WMJIM120.jpg

WM Thor #139

WMThor139.jpg

WM Thor #149

WMThor149.jpg

and a lowly Tales to Astonish #70

WMTTA70.jpg

Thanks for the forum members who made this purchase possible.

Jim

(worship)

THERE IS A MOUNTAIN

Donovan

The lock upon my garden gate's a snail, that's what it is.

First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is.

The caterpillar sheds his skin to find a butterfly within.

Caterpillar sheds his skin to find a butterfly within.

First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain.

Oh Wanita, oh Wanita, oh Wanita, I call your name.

Oh, the snow will be a blinding sight to see as it lies on yonder hillside.

Ah, my-my.

First there is a mountain

:banana::banana::banana::banana: