• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your newest Pedigrees!!!
7 7

3,123 posts in this topic

:insane::insane: So no one cares that I found eight Green Rivers that had arrival dates other than Tuesday or Thursday!!?? :insane::insane:

You know I do all my research for YOU guys! Show some interest! :insane:

Wow, Brad! I bet that took a lot of work. (thumbs u

I have taken your advice and I am working on a Northland X-Men web page. I don't know if I have the patience that you must have had to put so much time and effort into yours. hm

:insane::insane: So no one cares that I found eight Green Rivers that had arrival dates other than Tuesday or Thursday!!?? :insane::insane:

You know I do all my research for YOU guys! Show some interest! :insane:

why monday? i'd have thought w/ holidays you might find date stamps one day later not earlier.

Okay..... this is what OCD collectors THRIVE ON! lol

Here we go FC.... I checked and ALL the dates that were neither Tuesday or Thursday.....were Mondays. Now....one possiblity was that for those eight books....the clerk or whoever was stamping just stamped the wrong date. But I took a closer examination of the five mondays that Green Rivers arrived on and here they are......

• May 21, 1963 - was the Monday before Memorial Day which fell on Thursday May 30, 1963

• Nov 21, 1966 - was the Monday before Thanksgiving which fell on Thursday Nov 24, 1966

• Nov 6, 1967 - was the Monday before Veterans Day which was observed on Friday Nov 10, 1967

• Nov 20, 1967 - was the Monday before Thanksgiving which fell on Thursday Nov 23, 1967

• Dec 18, 1967 - was a Monday, one week before Christmas.

I like the idea that if there were no delivers on a holiday day later in the week, the distributor moved the day up one day. Of course that makes no sense for the last date. But there is some kind of pattern here. Anyway, mull it over.

Red

You better watch it Red. If you keep bringing up green rivers I am going to want one. lol

Well, keep an eye out for Goonchild's Green River sales thread in about two months. (thumbs u

You better watch it Red. If you keep bringing up green rivers I am going to want one. lol
Me too! :grin:

Well, heck...there are a couple up on Comiclink right now for reasonable prices...... :insane: