• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your newest Pedigrees!!!
7 7

3,123 posts in this topic

I haven't really explored the options fully yet. I'd like to present my evidence first....via hi rez scans, etc. before I shipped books out. Thing is, I already know they're Green Rivers, so I don't necessarily need official validation at this point. No knock on CGC, I just feel that in this narrow area of pedigree collecting, I've seen more GR books than CGC has.

Red

It's a combination of factors, including PQ, who submitted the book....etc. The odds of a book coming from the same store, being sold over the counter and then ending up as a 9.4 with white pages is pretty miniscule if you stop and think about it.

In some cases, the info that these were part off the original collection may have been simply left off along the chain of ownership. I would also probably attempt to establish what I call the "line of procurement" ie track the ownership - who bought what when and where and from which dealer - if I were to go to the trouble of getting these books relabeled.

CGC doesn't just slap a new label in there.

Rivers Keep on Rolling...

Thanks to a tip from BigHulkFan! (thumbs u

strangetales146.9.4big.jpg

February has been another very good month for Greenies. Should have several more to show before the weekend is out.

Rivers Keep on Rolling...

Thanks to a tip from BigHulkFan! (thumbs u

strangetales146.9.4big.jpg

February has been another very good month for Greenies. Should have several more to show before the weekend is out.

You may have to fork this one over, it's the closest I've seen to 4/17/66. :sumo:

Are you saying that the day this one was stamped....you were getting ready for the Great Escape?

Yes, if I recall correctly Thin Lizzy's "Jailbreak" was plainng in the background as I plotted my way out.

(so what if the song came out 10 years later?)