• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your newest Pedigrees!!!
7 7

3,123 posts in this topic

I just got a paper cut from the corners on that scan.

Nice book Nick!

Thanks, matey! thumbsup2.gif

Is somebody asked what sort of books I look for, this one would be the perfect example. It's a NM- all day long (and would get a 9.4/9.6 if submitted by Brulato, Schmell or Heritage) with almost perfect registration and decent page quality.

The fact that it was a Northland (I love those certificates!) just made it all the more sweet. cloud9.gif

Got a scan of the Cert? It sounds like the Cert is almost as cool as the book itself

Yup! thumbsup2.gif Here ya go....

NorthlandCert.jpg

Love the Northland, and its got much better registration than most copies of X26.

Here is a Slobodian pedigree book with a cool Kirby cover, nice registration and staple placement, great colors and white pages:

FF50.jpg

Love the Northland, and its got much better registration than most copies of X26.

Here is a Slobodian pedigree book with a cool Kirby cover, nice registration and staple placement, great colors and white pages:

FF50.jpg

Bob, X-Men #25 and #26 were both generally wrapped by chimps, I figure, so this one was a no-brainer when I saw the registration.

And that FF #50 is frickin' gorgeous! cloud9.gifthumbsup2.gif

FF50.jpg

Chocolate City! 893applaud-thumb.gif

So who is this....Silver.....Surfer.....character? Sounds cool.

I just got a paper cut from the corners on that scan.

Nice book Nick!

Thanks, matey! thumbsup2.gif

Is somebody asked what sort of books I look for, this one would be the perfect example. It's a NM- all day long (and would get a 9.4/9.6 if submitted by Brulato, Schmell or Heritage) with almost perfect registration and decent page quality.

The fact that it was a Northland (I love those certificates!) just made it all the more sweet. cloud9.gif

Got a scan of the Cert? It sounds like the Cert is almost as cool as the book itself

Yup! thumbsup2.gif Here ya go....

NorthlandCert.jpg

I notice that there are in fact 2 different Northland Certificates.

From Memory one of my Northland books only mention either Marvel or D.C on the Cert. My other Northlands mention both companys on the Certificate.

Regards,

Russ... flowerred.gif

I've got two slabbed copies....a 9.4 (that I bought off of nochips and slabbed myself) and a 9.0. That one looks like a 9.4 to me. I think Deathlok may have one too.

Red

Welcome to the Green River Strange Tales 138 club!

I'm a card carrying member, and I know Red Hook is. Yours looks like it might be a tad nicer than mine. Mine's a piddly VF+.

I'm calling it a 9.2 WP.

I've got two slabbed copies....a 9.4 (that I bought off of nochips and slabbed myself) and a 9.0. That one looks like a 9.4 to me. I think Deathlok may have one too.

Red

That ST 138 was a nice book! 9.4 you say!!! I should have charged more.

I never told you? confused-smiley-013.gif I think I've mentioned it on the boards a couple times.

BTW....you described it as a possible 9.4 in your auction. You said....

"Near Mint 9.4 or better!!!"

You were right on the money. That's why I listed you as one of the top graders on the boards in the competition a few months ago.

Red

Edited by Red Hook

I don't think the copy Jason has is a 9.4 really...

I should have every Green River I have left scanned in by this weekend and I'll be generating COAs for them at the same time...

If anyone purchased any Green Rivers from me and would like a Certificate, please let me know.

(We can trace most of them easily anyway... like the ST 138 I sold to NoChips which was then sent to Redhook.. who then slabbed it and got a 9.4. frustrated.gif27_laughing.gif)

Or the Thors that were sold to ComicCollector shop and then sold to a board member, etc.

I got to my Captain Marvels while sorting out the mid-grade stuff and came across some books that just...popped...for lack of a better word, and, flip em over, and there's the Bowling Green cert. Suuuuch a bright cover on this one in person. Seeing books like this next to the rest of the books in my collection remind me why I seek out pedigrees.

1124383-CaptMarv35%28Large%29.jpg

1124383-CaptMarv35(Large).jpg.4f1122c2ba9b8caed063cd8827623110.jpg

Thx for sharing a Bronze Age Bowling Green. From around 1965 onward, this pedigree has the most stunning quality of cover color preservation I have ever seen - even high grade copies of the same ish can look dull in side-by-side comparison.

New addition to my Thor run: Sid's Luncheonette! acclaim.gif

JIM100.jpg