• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Little Lulu

72 posts in this topic

And this SA one.

_57_zps532242a0.jpg

Great cover on that book :applause:

Thanks. That's what attracted me to it.

I was pleasantly surprised that both books I posted sold at the reasonable opening bids.

I wonder if they were competing against the Dennis specials with this book? I always loved all those Dennis travel giants as a kid. When we went to Washington DC I was able to tell my parents where we should go (FBI Tour, Treasury tour, Smithsonian etc.) thanks to the Dennis book! We followed my suggested itinerary and had a great time.

I always loved all those Dennis travel giants as a kid. When we went to Washington DC I was able to tell my parents where we should go (FBI Tour, Treasury tour, Smithsonian etc.) thanks to the Dennis book! We followed my suggested itinerary and had a great time.

I remember that Dennis the Menace comic.

I recall buying it and then sitting in the car to read it while my parents went shopping at the local hardware store. :)

If I'm remembering correctly, it's mentioned somewhere in the story that Washington has more trees than other major cities (or something to that effect).

Odd the trivia that one can retain about insignificant events. lol

When I was growing upin the early 80's, my mom would drive me all over the place looking for golden age comics. While in a comic shop one day, she spotted the Little Lulu's and remembered loving them as a kid. Either out of boredome at having to sit in a comic shop for an hour or out of a desire to have a common experience with me, she started collecting issues.

My mom died a month ago and I will always remember spending that time with her.

I have my dad's original collection (mostly Dell westerns and Classics Illustrated's) from the early/mid 50's - about 100 books. Next time I go to my dad's house, I am going to get my mom's box of Little Lulu's and I will post some of them here in memory of Jeannie (my mom).

When I was growing upin the early 80's, my mom would drive me all over the place looking for golden age comics. While in a comic shop one day, she spotted the Little Lulu's and remembered loving them as a kid. Either out of boredome at having to sit in a comic shop for an hour or out of a desire to have a common experience with me, she started collecting issues.

My mom died a month ago and I will always remember spending that time with her.

I have my dad's original collection (mostly Dell westerns and Classics Illustrated's) from the early/mid 50's - about 100 books. Next time I go to my dad's house, I am going to get my mom's box of Little Lulu's and I will post some of them here in memory of Jeannie (my mom).

Sounds like she was quite a Mom. My condolences on her passing.

This thread has been buried too long! We should continue to celebrate the genius of John Stanley. For those who haven't read Michael Barrier's Funnybooks it has a great history of this man. I won't ruin the ending but where he ended up in life caught me by complete surprise.

Here's a recent pickup from the boards Lulu #33 and a four color from San Diego a few years back. I read the Lulu #33 last weekend and enjoyed it immensely. Reading back on the prior posts I'd say these are best enjoyed like they came out; a book every now and then.

163679.jpg.a3ada7b5df9b07defdea8b16c7b2c0e6.jpg

163680.jpg.383253b5d7103adb4d1040112d723e77.jpg

16 hours ago, catmoon said:

I have many Little Lulu comics--Tubby too. anyone interested??

Are you giving them away? If so I'll take them.

On 7/31/2016 at 10:56 AM, 143ksk said:

One of my favorite titles to read. I've never really collected it, but I've probably owned most of the issues at one time or another :)

Great read, lousy investment. I had a bout 100 at one time, bought to read, so mostly low grade, purchased in the early to mid 90s. Eventually I sold them off, though I bought my daughters the trades to read. When I browse ebay listings, I notice they generally sell for about what they did 25 years ago, sometimes less.

Edited by rjpb