• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please Read This! It May Save Your Life! My Story-Please Read!

86 posts in this topic

Chest pain is nothing to screw with. If in doubt, get checked out! Most ambulance services can perform and EKG in the field, and give you an idea as to whether it is serious or not. cbcnow's story demonstrates one of the cases where the EKG was useless. They are rare but they obviously happen.

Also, an ambulance can begin treatment right away. An EKG, IV, fluids, medications, and oxygen can be started en route to the ER and save precious time in the event that a person is actually having a heart attack. Time = muscle and the more muscle save, the better the outcome. Ambulances are not just a fast taxi.

I am glad that things worked out for you and that you chose to share your story!

Isaac, so glad to hear you are okay. it's great advise you're passing on to others, thanks for sharing.

joey

Thanks Joey, I appreciate it! I'm doing my best to make sure that my story gets to as many people as possible in hopes of saving some lives!

Chest pain is nothing to screw with. If in doubt, get checked out! Most ambulance services can perform and EKG in the field, and give you an idea as to whether it is serious or not. cbcnow's story demonstrates one of the cases where the EKG was useless. They are rare but they obviously happen.

Also, an ambulance can begin treatment right away. An EKG, IV, fluids, medications, and oxygen can be started en route to the ER and save precious time in the event that a person is actually having a heart attack. Time = muscle and the more muscle save, the better the outcome. Ambulances are not just a fast taxi.

I am glad that things worked out for you and that you chose to share your story!

Thank you MedicAR and I also thank you for the great advice!

Wow Isaac. Meeting you, I would have never guessed you to be a victim of such bad luck. Goes to show it can happen to anyone.

Very glad to hear everything is going good now. 43 is way too young for open heart... but I had a friend who had a stroke at 35, so you never know.

I am 42 years old myself. Strange, I've never had any problems with health or anything like that until I turned 40. That seems to be a magic number for problems to begin.

Wow Isaac. Meeting you, I would have never guessed you to be a victim of such bad luck. Goes to show it can happen to anyone.

Very glad to hear everything is going good now. 43 is way too young for open heart... but I had a friend who had a stroke at 35, so you never know.

I am 42 years old myself. Strange, I've never had any problems with health or anything like that until I turned 40. That seems to be a magic number for problems to begin.

Yah. And - as difficult as it is to admit, we gotta do the prostrate thing, too. I'm overdue for that. :eek:

I want to point out another factor, besides diet, that contributes to heart attacks. Smoking. I have never met one of my grandfathers because he had a heart attack many years before I was born. He was in his early-40s. I nearly lost another relative last year, and this person gets a thumbs-up when they put on weight. Smoking was a factor in both because it hardens arteries.

I will second the prostate check, as well. I process the biopsies for pathological examination. I see positive cases all the time.

Thank you Martin for the kind words, I appreciate it! Yes it just goes to show you that it can happen to anyone. For myself everything is going very well, I have lost almost 30 pounds and on my way to losing 45 more! While I was in the hospital the doctors and nurses said the same thing to me that 43 years old is way to young to have open heart surgery! I am very fortunate to have caught it before I had a heart attack! I am sorry to hear about your friend that had a stroke at 35 years old, I hope that friend is doing well!

I agree, it seems like when people get in their 40`s things start to happen, that is why we all need to stay on top of things with our health! It only takes part of a day to get checked out by your doctor and the end result could be that you just saved your life! That is how I feel!

Thank you for sharing your story Isaac, and best of luck on the health front in the future.

You are very welcome Steve, thank you for reading my story and wishing me the best in the future! I am doing extremely well and feel very fortunate to be here!

Thanks for sharing your story Isaac and I'm very glad you did listen to your body's warnings and seek help.

You are very welcome and I thank you the same! In the past I have stated that I would like to keep this thread going in hopes of saving someone`s life!

Please copy, paste and email/facebook/twitter/etc. my story to family and friends, thank you!

Excellent advice.

Thanks for sharing.

Being that I just turned 40 it is good to hear your story. Often these turn out poorly.

Just had my yearly physical with my doctor and I am 100% right now.

However these discussions are very important for friends to have.

Thanks for bringing up the discussion friend.

Thor

Excellent advice.

Thanks for sharing.

Being that I just turned 40 it is good to hear your story. Often these turn out poorly.

Just had my yearly physical with my doctor and I am 100% right now.

However these discussions are very important for friends to have.

Thanks for bringing up the discussion friend.

Thor

You are very welcome Thor! Thank you for reading my story!