• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alamo City Comic Con

191 posts in this topic

Looks like Rob Leifield and Arthur Suydam had a bad time at the show. Rob had to pay for his own hotel room, he received no response for 9 days, and more stuff.

Where do you see that? Nothing but positive stuff on his FB page.

I don't get why you are hating on this show so much. Did the promoter do something to you personally?

Nope just a skinny little no one, who knows everyone because he took his picture with them :o ... I think the promoter must have pissed in his pool or something.

Hey look I know the Allstate guy...

2113_45010605838_6552_n.jpg

He said he didn't like Allstate... he told me so...

If you missed it, I posted over 200 photos of this con in Comics General.

Yep, and for being unable to attend this Con, everything looked amazing and cannot wait until next year to attend this in person and not through everyone else's eyes. Also appreciate the write up of your experience. Sounded amazing.

If you missed it, I posted over 200 photos of this con in Comics General.

Yep, and for being unable to attend this Con, everything looked amazing and cannot wait until next year to attend this in person and not through everyone else's eyes. Also appreciate the write up of your experience. Sounded amazing.

I agree -- I will try to make the trip next year. Seems like it could be the best show in Texas -- not that there was much competition.

And I guess we'll know what the creators involved really thought when we see how many return for next year.

I agree, Zenescope had a nice little

video on Alamo City and just about all of the artists mentioned some great things. Like all Con's they have growing pains and this one may have had birth pains as this was its first show, but I would have to agree with the Marketing manager from Zenescope. This one has not only hit local area numbers but hit national ranking numbers. Whole new ball park, and if this is only the first year and they learn from any of their missteps this should be one of the best in Texas. Now on to Capital City in July.

Im actually saying the truth, there were arguments yesterday on the Rate that Comic Con fb page.

I like the promoter, but one of them f-ed up and didnt answer robs emails for 9 days. Rob criticized their artist alley because it was full of "amateur" artists and no pros.

Im actually saying the truth, there were arguments yesterday on the Rate that Comic Con fb page.

I like the promoter, but one of them f-ed up and didnt answer robs emails for 9 days. Rob criticized their artist alley because it was full of "amateur" artists and no pros.

Rob is partly true. Golden and Texeria didn't show up but the 23 artists that Aspen brought were truly incredible. He must not have been able to get away from his table at all. He was barely there anyway.

Then he should have been right at home (cue rim shot).

Then he should have been right at home (cue rim shot).

+1