• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alamo City Comic Con

191 posts in this topic

Thanks THB

Enjoyed the pictures and from them it looks like it was a good Con and glad things turned out well especially with all the concerns at the beginning. Hope it continues to grow and maybe make it out there in the future.

Now for Sunday Con reporting. I volunteered again and had a blast. The Con was packed for a Sunday. As I left the convention center at 2:45 they were still lining up to buy single day passes. I can tell you that from behind the scenes they were constantly trying to figure out ways to get people in faster. And they did a few on the spot innovations that seemed to help. Thanks to Apple and his staff for bringing their vision to fruition. There can only be bigger and better things ahead and I am personally excited at what the future holds for ACCC. They say pictures are worth a thousand words so here are some crowd shots and other things as I left the con around 1-1/2 hours ago. Not too many gratuitous cosplay shots as I am sure we have all seen plenty of those.

Box office at 2:30 P.M.

accc020_zps5a57263d.jpg

Around the corner still.....

accc053_zps656b2632.jpg

Entrance ....the two open doors are for online tix (this line moved super fast for those coming next year. Buy online)

accc021_zpsc17f6dc3.jpg

crowd pics

accc023_zpsa2f2160f.jpg

accc024_zpsb47d2906.jpg

accc025_zps21655225.jpg

accc027_zps72bed224.jpg

Steven Nuen and all the Walking Dead cast were gracious and very friendly......

accc029_zps38d1eefb.jpg

accc028_zps8651c987.jpg

Richard Horovitz was a last minute surprise....

accc031_zps411fb0f3.jpg

Love him or hate him Rob treated his fans better than Adam West....

accc035_zpsca575dfd.jpg

Aspen comics

accc033_zpsc0308127.jpg

Black Cat comics.....I did not get all of his books in the pic......But man his wall was by far the best

accc032_zps80d6e0db.jpg

accc037_zps3329c5ab.jpg

accc034_zps175d2b7c.jpg

accc038_zps8f3790b9.jpg

accc040_zps101b5f57.jpg

accc039_zpsc19c748e.jpg

One of the panel rooms

accc045_zps82252fb3.jpg

Gaming tables

accc046_zps5600520d.jpg

Red Ranger ....

accc047_zps5e948f97.jpg

What a busy con does to a vendor....He was so sound asleep I bet he is still there.

accc050_zps090b04fc.jpg

Thanks Apple and Vic!!! See you next year!!!

accc019_zpsd9144995.jpg

You got a few boardies in several of those shots including myself. (thumbs u

The story in short about Adam and even West. they both change there prices from $50 - $80 at the time I was in line personalize was the only way. then later found out that was not true. the Agent was a real :censored: either way it all work out.

Rob Liefeld: He was kind to stay in his booth for 3 hours then run off for the day :screwy:

Travis love aka Bowman from Walking Dead was kind to invite me and my CGC Witness to join him to go to a club.Then when we got there to find we were both security for him :o even more being arm to arm with a dude who told me he was a Indian ( love being security lol )

This was a Wild, No sleep weekend. the show itself was a blast. the life outside of it was fantastic. if you miss out this year. Don't Next year. don't even think about waiting tell the last month to get a booth. Once they set the date contact them ASAP. This show is the best. I will be back. but then again more for the party part :banana:

Damn - as for West that does suck. Don't hear many good stories coming out lately about him.

Liefeld, what can I say. He was the guy who held me into comics as a kid, so respect is paid where it is due...even if he does draw feet and chests a little funny. What can I say, as a kid my perception of art and story was different than it is now. But I still enjoy his depiction of Cable and others from his set better than most. My only issue or question was whether he was paid simply for his three hours or the entire weekend. If it was for the entire weekend I have to say Apple got a pretty bad deal their for him.

Would love to have been their to spend some club time down on the River walk as well as pull "Security" gotta say anytime you need help with witnessing or line standing in Texas I'm all in.

Can't wait for next year. Should be a blast to be back for.

The story in short about Adam and even West. they both change there prices from $50 - $80 at the time I was in line personalize was the only way. then later found out that was not true. the Agent was a real :censored: either way it all work out.

Rob Liefeld: He was kind to stay in his booth for 3 hours then run off for the day :screwy:

Travis love aka Bowman from Walking Dead was kind to invite me and my CGC Witness to join him to go to a club.Then when we got there to find we were both security for him :o even more being arm to arm with a dude who told me he was a Indian ( love being security lol )

This was a Wild, No sleep weekend. the show itself was a blast. the life outside of it was fantastic. if you miss out this year. Don't Next year. don't even think about waiting tell the last month to get a booth. Once they set the date contact them ASAP. This show is the best. I will be back. but then again more for the party part :banana:

ahahaha Bowman is bigman though, why did he want you guys as security lol

agents are the scourge for fans, neal adams agent at LSCC was turdy as well

ahahaha Bowman is bigman though, why did he want you guys as security lol

agents are the scourge for fans, neal adams agent at LSCC was turdy as well

lol one will wonder......... it was very entertaining..... Neal Adam was right down from Aaron booth. seem to be doing well. his wife was there with some staff but nothing more. it was great to see Harvey Tolibao, Aaron Luevanos, Omi Remalante Jr, Jimbo Salgado, Ace Continuado , Dennis Crisostomo, Thony ,April Laurice Leigh Orallo-Bermudez, Paolo Pantalena,

Best new Friend Ray Park. I could go on with a list of names !!!!. Like I said this was a great con with lots to do Friendly peeps. everyone I talked to even a few board members told me they did very well.

I say give them tell next week or the week after, they should have a release on dates.. I will post later in the signature room sketches that were done at the con.

Here are my pick ups from day one -

E09E2D97-F3FF-4F83-8BFB-5D72A8264DF9-2028-000002B1351F87CE_zpsc6d5b361.jpg

And today-

A2B8FEA5-4E86-4890-BD79-3E79A8FCB289-2028-000002B1279CDA0D_zpsc1cf533a.jpg

I missed Saturday, but got a lot done today. Bought some books and got some cgc SS done.

Huge crowd today. Not a slow Sunday at all. Great con. Pretty sure it had as big or bigger a crowd than WW Austin last year.

I talked to a few boardies who had booths and both had great sales for the weekend.

Can't wait for next year!!

Nice books!

Looks like Rob Leifield and Arthur Suydam had a bad time at the show. Rob had to pay for his own hotel room, he received no response for 9 days, and more stuff.

Where do you see that? Nothing but positive stuff on his FB page.

I don't get why you are hating on this show so much. Did the promoter do something to you personally?