• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why all the Image love right now?

60 posts in this topic

Another thread here, along with a discussion we were having at the shop today, prompts this thread.

Why is everyone so fascinated with anything put out by Image comics right now?

Granted, they have a few books that a really good (sage, WD, Invincible, etc...), but they have put out some real turds as well, but it doesnt seem to matter as everyone just seems to gush over whatever the latest Image #1 is.

There are other publishers out there putting out some excellent material right now that i feel is getting the fuzzy end of the lollipop due to the love for all things Image.

IDW is doing good things right now with the GI Joe and Transformers titles and the new Ghostbusters is actually a really great read.

Terry Moore is putting out two amazing books in Rachel Rising and Echo.

Valiant is pire gold right now as i don't think they have a bad title in print at this time.

Dark Horse is rocking it with things like Mind MGMT, Star Wars and the Black Beetle.

Just hate to see other top notch titles get bumped for shelf space because of the new OMG GOTTA HAVE IT IMAGE #1 that is out this week.

Ok.....off the soapbox now

My non-Image reads:

Mind MGMT

Helheim (it's new, I know)

The Massive (still pulling it and it's good)

Star Wars

Guardians of the Galaxy

Finishing up Y: The Last Man now (trades)

Also reading Sandman trades

I agree that folks fall into a comfort zone with a brand, but it's great fun to dip into another book or publisher. I'm actually borrowing Rachel Rising from LoneTree and looking forward to this series.

At the end of the day, Image is just building this mini-empire of fantastic books.

The Walking Dead, Saga, Peter Panzerfaust, Bedlam, Revival and so on.

Their story telling is top notch. Their creative teams are awesome. Paper quality is the best out there. They seem to have got everything Rollin' for them.

Every publisher has some good books for sure, it's just Image seems to be pumping em out a lot faster and with more regularity than the others.

Oh and ya everyone wants to find the next walking dead.

The licensed comics aren't likely to be good for speculation unless it's the first time that license has been adapted to comic book form, so that's why those get no love here. Rachel Rising and Echo got some buzz here when they were new. But yeah I don't get the Image craze either.

Dear Harry Rod,

Is Image really getting a lot of love? I think Image is #3 behind Marvel and DC?

Is everyone really fascinated with anything put out by Image? I don't think so. I think Image is #3 behind Marvel and DC?

I would think it would be tough for stores to move a lot of Dark Horse, Oni and other publishers aside from IMAGE, Marvel and DC.

Or do you mean all the love and facsination for Image on these boards?

Unfortunately I don't think most people have the time or $$$ to try a lot of new different books especially if stores don't carry them and not many people know they exist. Which sucks.

I hate to think that it is pure speculation that is driving this.

Like I said in my OP, Image has put out some good books, but there have been just as many that are DOA.

On the same note.....we all know that there will be another WD #1. That is just the nature of the market and any day now some TV show will be put out based on a comic and there ya go.

Is it really so far fetched to believe that it could happen without something from Image, Marvel or DC?

I guess I just hate to see so many good works of art and stories languishing on the shelf, while every Image #1 is sold out before the Previews for it is even dry.