• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Banned for LIFE! PLEASE>>> NOOOOOOOOO!

34 posts in this topic

I had three consecutive bad experiences at Mile High Comics.com. They overgrade. After my last return, I was told not to order from them again. I stayed away and stayed away for a while. Today I tried to order a few books, including CGC graded books. I knew they could not screw up the grades on those.

I received the following email:

This message is to let you know that we are no longer accepting your

orders, including your order of 08/26/04.

MileHighComics.com

Why me! I was going to give them another chance and they blacklisted me. What should I do? Where can I turn? Help!

I know they have a poor name for the way they grade. We can now add poor customer service as well.

makepoint.gif

Can we start a support group of banned customers?

Just have someone else buy them for you and give your address for delivery.

If you're address is also marked, just get your buyer to recieve them. Chuck usually has free shipping, so you'll only get hit with that once.

[!@#%^&^] Mile High.

Seems a valid business practice actually. If someone is known to return things over and over, the cost associated with the returns in terms of man-hours (inventory, accounting, shipping/receiving, etc.) makes it easier just to ask them to send their business elsewhere.

I've now found out that if you ask a dealer to haul a bunch of stuff out of the back rooms, even if the resulting prices are sky-high, you should still buy something. It's just the polite thing to do. You may not ask for special service like that again or even shop there as much, but it's a quid pro quo system.

[!@#%^&^] Mile High.

Seems a valid business practice actually. If someone is known to return things over and over, the cost associated with the returns in terms of man-hours (inventory, accounting, shipping/receiving, etc.) makes it easier just to ask them to send their business elsewhere.

They could save themselves the cost of restocking by grading accurately. Oh, but then that would cost them money by not being able to sell Fine books as NM.

No Chips, take your business elsewhere. Why go back? I agree with Mile high and would do the same thing that they did with the refusal to accept your order. To you they are a problem seller, to them you are a problem buyer. You were able to stay away from them for as long as you chose to, now they can stay away from you for as long as THEY choose to. Sure, you can get around it by having somebody else buy for you, but WHY? Even if they are CGC books just don't endorse them by giving them ANY business.

With that said, just a couple weeks ago I received my first Mile High order, all late 70s DC horror. All ordered as NM. Out of 29 books ordered I'd say 28 would grade between 9.0 and 9.6 with one oddball that is probably a 7.5. All fairly inexpensive at $5 - $15 each. I just put in another order a week ago for more of the same stuff. Considering their inventory, for me it is not a bad place to pick up a nice pile of books. -------Sid

[!@#%^&^] Mile High.

I've now found out that if you ask a dealer to haul a bunch of stuff out of the back rooms, even if the resulting prices are sky-high, you should still buy something. It's just the polite thing to do. You may not ask for special service like that again or even shop there as much, but it's a quid pro quo system.

Iagree and try to do that. Its common courtesy and fair practice....but thats a totally different argument. That doesnt allow for MHs grading practices. They pack and ship products that are NOT as advertised, so we should not be held accountable for their laziness!! If they graded acuurately and THEM we had them pull stuff off shelves and carpriciously returned them just for fun, or cause "sorry. hee hee. I changed my mind" they would be right to "fire" a collector from shopping again.

[!@#%^&^] Mile High.

damn, spoiled, collectors! devil.gifhi.gif

No Chips, take your business elsewhere. Why go back? I agree with Mile high and would do the same thing that they did with the refusal to accept your order. To you they are a problem seller, to them you are a problem buyer. You were able to stay away from them for as long as you chose to, now they can stay away from you for as long as THEY choose to. Sure, you can get around it by having somebody else buy for you, but WHY? Even if they are CGC books just don't endorse them by giving them ANY business.

With that said, just a couple weeks ago I received my first Mile High order, all late 70s DC horror. All ordered as NM. Out of 29 books ordered I'd say 28 would grade between 9.0 and 9.6 with one oddball that is probably a 7.5. All fairly inexpensive at $5 - $15 each. I just put in another order a week ago for more of the same stuff. Considering their inventory, for me it is not a bad place to pick up a nice pile of books. -------Sid

Things change, employees change, I was hopefull they hired some talented graders. Maybe I should have kept the VF books that they sold me with NM/M stickers on them? Why should I? I was not happy and sent them back. They have an interesting return policy. They re-grade the book. If the agree with the customer they will replace the book or refund the price. If they think they were right, which happened here, they ban you.

One of the books was an Amazing Adventures with the Beast and Iron Man. I bought a NM, they sent a creased up VF. Not a VF+ or NM-, a pretty easy to grade VF. They called it NM minus on return and told me to not buy from them anymore. That was years ago.

I just thought some of you would like to know that Mccarthyism is back!! I am on the MH Blacklist!

Who else is banned for life? Speak up!Add your name below.

Banned for Life from Mile HIGh:

Nochips

Sen. Joe Mc Carthy was a great American in my opinion. 893applaud-thumb.gif

And Mile High is without doubt HIGH when they grade. Chuck is a greedy SOB, like he didn't step in enough [!@#%^&^] over the years, he still needs to deal in fraud and cheap practice to feel big. 893censored-thumb.gif

Then again, i've had simliar problems with Metropolis...trend for the big dogs????confused-smiley-013.gif

We need to start the "I Was Chucked" club for those of us banned and maybe we fund and get members t-shirts. I only returned one book and was banned.

Just one?

I bought less than 10 books in the three orders I made with them. Every book was overgraded.They waited until the third time to block me.

Oh well.

What were you buying?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

1970s Marvels. Team Ups, Caps, etc... The book were mostly VF, none of them were a solid clean NM.

I thought it was me until I read some of the postings here on the boards. It's a mix. Some people like MH and others hate them. I do not see a middle ground. Either way I need to look elsewhere...... I am so hurt by this. Boo Hoo