• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

25% OFF EVERYTHING! SA/BA DC's & Marvels: WF, B & B, X-Men, Rawhide Kid

124 posts in this topic

141? :(

:gossip: I bought it in advance. :o

:baiting:

True. My Valiant Advisor Bosco gets first dibs on everything not Valiant.

:whee:

And when he pays for the 2 longboxes of "Secret Weapons" and "H.A.R.D Corps" then he'll get first dibs on the Valiants too....

lol

If I ever purchase 2 long boxes of Secret Weapons and HARD Corps, please call someone in the medical professional immediately.

:ohnoez:

141? :(

:gossip: I bought it in advance. :o

:baiting:

True. My Valiant Advisor Bosco gets first dibs on everything not Valiant.

:whee:

And when he pays for the 2 longboxes of "Secret Weapons" and "H.A.R.D Corps" then he'll get first dibs on the Valiants too....

lol

If I ever purchase 2 long boxes of Secret Weapons and HARD Corps, please call someone in the medical professional immediately.

:ohnoez:

Like....Doctor Mirage?

I'm not a "Western" fan, but those Rawhide Kid covers look awesome!

Yea, after reading the Sixth Gun.. Western books are much more appealing hm

When done right there's nothing like a good Western. Maverick is one of my favorite movies ever. I can watch it over and over. "Big Hand for the Little Lady" is another. Hell, I'll watch F-Troop all day if i can.

John Carpenter is one of my fave directors and at least half of his Horror/Action/Sci-Fi movies are homages or thinly veiled retellings of Howard Hawk's best Westerns. And then when Howard Hawk's didn't make a western John Carpenter flat out remade it - see 1955's "The Thing from Another World" and Carpenter's 1982 masterpiece "The Thing" Even "Ghost's Of Mars" is a Western with Ice Cube on a red planet.

His first big film "Assault on Precinct Thirteen" IS Rio Bravo. It just looks like a film about Latino gang members assaulting a police station in LA.

Atlas and Marvel Western's from the 50's and 60's are always cool to look at but ironically I think the best Western covers were actually done in the 1970's when Marvel was reprinting their older Westerns.