• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zen and the art of moderation
2 2

908 posts in this topic

Political discussions are just another way that people pretend to talk about an issue, but are really just saying, "I hate you".

But I love you all.Hug.gif

This is the part where we all start singing Lennon's 'Imagine'. :acclaim:

Well at least you don't have me on ignore. :cloud9:

Never! I like you! :foryou:

:cloud9:

Sky got this right. Go back and read it.

Dan

No, Dano, she didn't get any of it right. You don't know anything about me, so you aren't in any position to tell. You're just trying to get your shots in.

Doesn't that get old...?

The good outnumber you, they always will.

Dan

lol WHAT???

Dan

No, Dano, she didn't get any of it right. You don't know anything about me, so you aren't in any position to tell. You're just trying to get your shots in.

Doesn't that get old...?

Dan

Seriously, Dano...doesn't the hatred get old?

What is it about hate that is so inspiring, that it fuels you to say these things?

:(

Excellent point. Your deconstruction of anyone that challenges your point of view is inspiring. I hate no thing. Your willingness to hold on to past wrongs reminds me of Jon Muth's work. Why are you so mad all the time? Is this board a prison sentence? Yes, or no.

Dan

Dan

Doesn't that get old...?

Dan

What is it about hate that is so inspiring, that it fuels you to say these things?

Did you just see that happen as I was writing about it???

RMA doesn't need me to defend him, but he is my friend.

So one final thought.

Just because you (universal you; this applies to many board members) haven't grown as an individual over the last five years of your board history doesn't mean others have not. If you cannot see that RMA isn't the same poster that he was yesterday, a week ago, a month ago, a year ago, I pity you.

I sincerely, lovingly, earnestly pity you.

So, I remember RMA when he had a different name, from many moons ago...in a galaxy far away called the eBay chatboard. He got into a few "tiffs" there, mostly with one person.

He actually gave up after a while, and drifted off. He was upset, but no where near as upset as he gets on here.

Here he's still upset about a perceived slight to Jason (Mr Diggler) that happened eons ago...I never see Jason complain about it, because Jason...well, he's someone who doesn't get all that upset about unimportant stuff.

He (RMA) is also upset about a perceived slight from the Mods, something that happened at least a year ago. I don't even remember when it was, but RMA does...because he cannot seem to let go of stuff. I said years ago, that he would make a really good defense attorney, but I don't think that's his profession.

He's STILL upset about what? A short vacation from the boards?

STILL posting emoticons, making references to this vacation....He's still claiming that the moderator's job is easy,

As far as I can see... it would be easy to do mass bannings...not so easy to take stuff with the many grains of salt that are used here...and it's embarrassing to see the absolute lack of respect for the people who try to keep this place running smoothly.

RMA's first thread here was bashing someone who took a return, and paid return postage, he's still posting threads bashing people on eBay, the last one, was someone who didn't seem to do anything wrong other than buy something he was not comfortable keeping.

So, no...I don't see a change. It would be NICE to see a change, because it hopefully would result in something more productive.

Feel free to pity me;) I'll forget about it shortly, because life is just too short to hold grudges over this kind of stuff.

Hold grudges over terrorists, people who murder children...but strike vacations?

:shrug:

Still makes no sense to me...

I missed this the first time around, because I have skypinkblu on ignore, but skypinblu has lied about me privately to others, borne false witness about me, so anything she has to say about me has to be viewed in that context.

Suffice it to say that none of what she has said here is true, either. Skypinkblu doesn't understand the issue, because she's not interested in understanding the issue.

That she insists on making the issue personal, about me, in an attempt to discredit me, is also a perfect example of the problem this board has.

Anyone...skypinkblu, Dano, whomever...who has to make this issue about INDIVIDUALS is contributing to the toxic environment.

Why did skypinkblu post this? Because she is guilty of exactly what she's accusing me of: holding a grudge. She has no problem with shading the truth, or outright lying, because she wants everyone else to believe her version of me.

And that's really pretty sad.

I bear skypinkblu no ill will, even though she has consistently gone out of her way to damage my reputation. I really just wish she'd stop posting to or about me, publicly and privately.

That's not too much to ask, really.

It's not too much to ask at all.

And it would help lay to rest another issue around here which is this idea that there is some kind of collective righteousness within the forum of which a few choice individuals hold the keys to.

I'll be a pariah before I ever let someone tell me how I should think.

There are plenty of reasons to dislike just about anyone. We're all human, and we all have character flaws. There's no need to invent things about people, if you really want to dislike someone.

So when someone does...it's because there's bitterness and unforgiveness that damages the one who carries it, far more than they could ever hope to damage their target.

I truly hope that whatever it is I have done to skypinkblu that has caused her to carry this grudge against me, that she feels it necessary to lie about me to harm me...I hope she can someday set it aside.

It can only help her.

Dan

Doesn't that get old...?

Dan

Excellent point. Your deconstruction of anyone that challenges your point of view is inspiring. I hate no thing. Your willingness to hold on to past wrongs reminds me of Jon Muth's work. Why are you so mad all the time? Is this board a prison sentence? Yes, or no.

Dan

Dan, that you feel it necessary to post these things is proof enough of the hatred in your heart.

I truly hope...for your sake...that you can lay it aside. I don't hate you, nor will I disparage you, as you have done me.

Good luck.

So one final thought.

Just because you (universal you; this applies to many board members) haven't grown as an individual over the last five years of your board history doesn't mean others have not. If you cannot see that RMA isn't the same poster that he was yesterday, a week ago, a month ago, a year ago, I pity you.

So, I remember RMA when he had a different name, from many moons ago...in a galaxy far away called the eBay chatboard. He got into a few "tiffs" there, mostly with one person.

He actually gave up after a while, and drifted off. He was upset, but no where near as upset as he gets on here.

Here he's still upset about a perceived slight to Jason (Mr Diggler) that happened eons ago...I never see Jason complain about it, because Jason...well, he's someone who doesn't get all that upset about unimportant stuff.

He (RMA) is also upset about a perceived slight from the Mods, something that happened at least a year ago. I don't even remember when it was, but RMA does...because he cannot seem to let go of stuff. I said years ago, that he would make a really good defense attorney, but I don't think that's his profession.

STILL posting emoticons, making references to this vacation....He's still claiming that the moderator's job is easy,

As far as I can see... it would be easy to do mass bannings...not so easy to take stuff with the many grains of salt that are used here...and it's embarrassing to see the absolute lack of respect for the people who try to keep this place running smoothly.

RMA's first thread here was bashing someone who took a return, and paid return postage, he's still posting threads bashing people on eBay, the last one, was someone who didn't seem to do anything wrong other than buy something he was not comfortable keeping.

So, no...I don't see a change. It would be NICE to see a change, because it hopefully would result in something more productive.

Feel free to pity me;) I'll forget about it shortly, because life is just too short to hold grudges over this kind of stuff.

Hold grudges over terrorists, people who murder children...but strike vacations?

I missed this the first time around, because I have skypinkblu on ignore, but skypinblu has lied about me privately to others, borne false witness about me, so anything she has to say about me has to be viewed in that context.

Suffice it to say that none of what she has said here is true, either. Skypinkblu doesn't understand the issue, because she's not interested in understanding the issue.

That she insists on making the issue personal, about me, in an attempt to discredit me, is also a perfect example of the problem this board has.

Anyone...skypinkblu, Dano, whomever...who has to make this issue about INDIVIDUALS is contributing to the toxic environment.

Why did skypinkblu post this? Because she is guilty of exactly what she's accusing me of: holding a grudge. She has no problem with shading the truth, or outright lying, because she wants everyone else to believe her version of me.

I bear skypinkblu no ill will, even though she has consistently gone out of her way to damage my reputation. I really just wish she'd stop posting to or about me, publicly and privately.

And it would help lay to rest another issue around here which is this idea that there is some kind of collective righteousness within the forum of which a few choice individuals hold the keys to.

There are plenty of reasons to dislike just about anyone. We're all human, and we all have character flaws. There's no need to invent things about people, if you really want to dislike someone.

So when someone does...it's because there's bitterness and unforgiveness that damages the one who carries it, far more than they could ever hope to damage their target.

I truly hope that whatever it is I have done to skypinkblu that has caused her to carry this grudge against me, that she feels it necessary to lie about me to harm me...I hope she can someday set it aside.

It can only help her.

Ah, you dig the Muth.

Dan

Dan

Doesn't that get old...?

Dan

Dan

Dan, that you feel it necessary to post these things is proof enough of the hatred in your heart.

I truly hope...for your sake...that you can lay it aside. I don't hate you, nor will I disparage you, as you have done me.

Good luck.

Your last word is your own. Coffee is for closers. Good luck.

Dan

I just read this entire thing. Did I miss something here? Is there no one - Arch or other board members - that can/will explain WHY this thread was started? Do the mods think the tone of the board is worse than usual? Or did someone(s) manage to complain enough or to the right persons about the job the mods were doing - resulting in mods being scolded?

I thought for sure if I read all 30+ pages I'd get the rest of the story as to the why of this thread. Instead it's just mostly a discussion of those that dislike the job the mods are doing arguing with those that like the job the mods are doing - being read by most of us that don't know or care what kind of job the mods are doing.

Maybe we should try self-moderation, like Yahoo's comments on news articles. Readers can vote thumbs up or thumbs down on comments. If comments are way unpopular, they disappear

Edited by Tony S

At the end of the day, this is CGC's forum and they can moderate it as they see fit. Anyone who doesn't like the style of moderation isn't obligated to spend their time here. Personally I think the mods do a decent job.

Having said that, I echo the wishes of those that would love to see a "true" ignore function.

At the end of the day, this is CGC's forum and they can moderate it as they see fit. Anyone who doesn't like the style of moderation isn't obligated to spend their time here. Personally I think the mods do a decent job.

Having said that, I echo the wishes of those that would love to see a "true" ignore function.

I'm genuinely beginning to see how beneficial it would be.

So one final thought.

Suffice it to say that none of what she has said here is true, either. I suspect if I discussed the events leading up to Lincoln's assassination, she'd accuse me of being "upset" about that as well. Skypinkblu doesn't understand the issue, because she's not interested in understanding the issue.

So exactly how did Sky go out of her way to damage your reputation..because I don't recall that..

Now Cal saying I am a liar that scammed the boards and that my house never burned down..THAT I call damaging my reputation ..

But what exactly did Sky do? Is it because she said we shouldn't sell to people on the probation list? Seriously..

I cannot find anything too bad to say about Sharon..she sent me shoes when I had none..if you don't have shoes and someone sends you a pair..you generally can't consider them a bad person..

So one final thought.

It can only help her.

I'm going to finally say this. I did not lie about you. I made an error quoting a word you used in a PM, and I apologized. At one time, you wrote to me and said, that the majority of people here, were" sociopaths". I quoted you as saying "psychopaths" . I have the PM, thought I deleted it, but I did find it later, I just never wanted to go back and get back into what you said, because I didn't think it was worth it..

So, once again, I apologize for saying you called people here, psychopaths, you did not, you said "sociopaths. "

There is a difference between a "lie" and an error. I was not calm when I posted the words, because your pm to me was not meant to make me calm, it worked.

Unfortunately it worked again here. I did try to write to you after, but of course you put me on selective ignore. Refusing a PM (so that I had to post public ally) and then not ignoring me when you feel like it.

What I said about you not letting go is the truth, your popcorn stuff, your posts against the moderators, and these postings are mostly venomous.. You have very few positive posts.

I don't really care much about whatever else you said, but I will not allow you to post here, that I lied about something that is really so dumb...there is not much difference in the words, and I actually apologized instead of CORRECTING the error on the boards, to try to just take the heat and let it go, but you made such a big deal about breaking your silence then to call me a liar, and you have repeated it...

When you use the words righteous, think about the poor person you started a thread about because YOU THOUGHT they might start a charge back against you, when in fact, they had already listed the book you would not take a return for, BEFORE you started the thread (you never even checked), or your rants about stuff like personal PP.