• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

*x-mas specials*Illustrator, taking commissions!(picture heavy)

48 posts in this topic

X-mas SUPER SPECIAL!!!!

X-mas is right around the corner, and why not get your son or daughter, or maybe that loved one a sweet original drawing whatever they may love? Or forget those guys, why not get one for yourself?...lol, okay, shameless marketing aside(hahaha)

oh wait!, almost forgot, "please tell your friends!!"

I'm currently taking commissions, and offering a special lowered price on them from now until DECEMBER 20th.

This gives me time to finish anything up that needs finishing before the actual date, and you the time to print it out at your nearest staples/print shop, in whatever size you would like!(i draw in a very high resolution, so you may print it out poster size if you would like :) )

However, if you don't mind if it's for x-mas or not, let me know, your priority will be put at the back of the list, you still get it for the special price, and i would get to work on it as fast/soon as i can, you should get it by end December :)

I throw a lot of details in my line art, but i keep it very clean, and able for coloring(so if ever in the future you find another artist or ask myself to color it, you may even color it yourself!) here are a few examples of my line art, with the "x-mas special" pricing -

20$(normally 40$) simple single character, might have a minor background(any character you want, this is just the example) I am willing to draw original characters as well as fan-art ;)

blackimpulse_by_teamzoth-d6pp30l.jpg

50$(normally 75$) single character with background -

metroid___bounty_by_teamzoth-d62py4l.jpg

75$(normally 120$) full background with character

catwoman_inks_by_teamzoth-d5rwyf6.jpg

batman_ink__by_teamzoth-d68oqte.jpg

If you want multiple characters with one of those choices, please lemme know and i'll quote you a price, but it shouldn't be TO expensive, it just depends on the characters :)

here is an example of a crazy drawing, that has TONS of characters, the price on something like this would be x-mas special 190$(normally 250$)

pokemon_gotta_lovem_all__line_art__by_teamzoth-d6v62io.jpg

OKAY! now on to the big stuff!! COLOR commissions :D

They all come with the line art separately, so you're basically getting 2 drawings.

50$ for a finished single character, with minor background

over_9000_by_teamzoth-d6wrya8.jpg

80$ for a single character with background -

metroid___bounty_on_zebes_by_teamzoth-d65g1rh.jpg

125$ for a full background and character -

catwoman_knight_out_2_0_by_teamzoth-d5xtw1h.jpg

trinity___batman_by_teamzoth-d69xyca.jpg

and here is an example of a fully colored multiple character illustrations, this would be 350$(it takes many many hours to do something like this) -

gotta_lovem_all__by_teamzoth-d6vuc0y.jpg

And thats that :)

Whatever you may choose, you will get a high resolution file for printing, a low resolution for your phone/computer desktop, whatever you would like. and if you ask for it, i could also make you an avatar with the characters face for either here or whatever forum you would like :)

I accept PAYPAL only, you may PM me here, or send me an e-mail at -

team_zoth@hotmail.com

which is also my paypal.

I must also mention that for payment, anything 100$ and under, i ask for payment up front. If higher, i don't mind splitting the payments half up front, then half upon completion :)

So get yourself a sweet commission for a sweet price while they last! GRIMLOCK COMMANDS IT!!!

you_transform_or_you_die_by_teamzoth-d5vjvt5.jpg

**I would also like to note, that i am looking for Black Widow #6, amazing spider-man 648, both scott campbell variants!(slabbed or not), so if you guys have one your willing to part with, i am willing to do any kind of drawing you would like, providing it is an even trade.

Hi jaybuck43!

Size is 11/17" and 400dpi(100% digital), normally a good quality picture is 300 dpi, i add 100 while drawing so if you want to print it out even bigger, you can, and not loose any resolution! i give you a file, and you may print it out any size you really want at any print shop :)

i'm even willing to give you a photoshop file, if you would like to color it in yourself.

i have the prices indicated on top of each drawing. those drawings are just examples of the amount of work i'll put into what your paying for.

-Erik

I really like your art, but don't quite understand what you are selling here. If you send someone a file, that's not really original art is it? Couldn't that person make multiple copies of the image? I'm not trying to krap on your thread, I just don't understand commissioning a sketch and getting a computer file.

No worries shadroch!, i definitely understand where your coming from, your not the first to ask something like this :)

Well, i'm commissioning a personalized drawing. if you want a drawing of gambit, i give you a drawing of gambit. if you want the ninja turtles fighting batman, i'll draw that for you. If you wanna be more specific on what you would like me to draw, thats what i'll do. You could make thousands of copies of the image if you would like afterwards, it belongs to you, i drew it for you.

But i wouldn't start selling them to a bunch of people, on the account that most of these characters belong to marvel or dc, or other companies, and you could get in trouble doing that. i'm only charging for the work i put into these, not for the characters. On the other hand, if you have your own personally invented characters, then you could just sell it out to your hearts content! You could even print it on a shirt, or a mug, heck, i've made a bunch of TMNT place-mats for a friend and his kids not to long ago. If you were to ask me for a copy to these place-mats though, i would have to decline, and say i could ship them out to you, printed and all, but not give you a file.

As for original, there is an original file to the art, and thats what you'll be getting. the only other person who will have that in the world, is myself. So if you have it professional printed out, on a high quality piece of paper or card-stock, thats your call! but know that your the only one that has the ability to do that, with the high resolution file you've been given. It's not much different then buying a cd on i-tunes, or a game off the x-box live. Only difference is, that only you can buy that game or song, then it's up to you what you would like to do with it. Also, to make this perfectly clear, I don't ever give out the master files to anyone else ever, this assures you having something unique.

I don't mind drawing with real paper, and pencils/pens, but then it's going to cost you more, as well as you'll have to pay for shipping. then you will be the only one in the world with a hard copy. As it stands, the catwoman line art up there is an actual drawing done by hand, and is for sale for 125$. if someone had commissioned me to draw that for them, and then send them the original copy, it would come up to about 225$ with the hours and work put into it, and thats not including the shipping.

As for the Sailor Jupiter drawing up there, they didn't even want an original, they just wanted a kick arse picture of Jupiter, done in a more comic style ;)

So to answer your question, i'm selling a drawing that YOU would like to have, and of course, drawn in my own particular style. it makes it more personal, and thats what you are paying for, hence the really low prices.

I could give you a legitimate invoice i generally use when working with companies.

I know in the past i've had a few problems were print shop guys would tell me they couldn't print my stuff due to it not belonging to me, but then i tell them that i drew it, and even had to show a photoshop file to them for proof.

you get that photoshop masterfile aswell, and with the invoice, you should DEFINITELY not have any problems, but if you would like me to write a written consent aswell, then i have no problem doing that :)

I really like your art, but don't quite understand what you are selling here. If you send someone a file, that's not really original art is it? Couldn't that person make multiple copies of the image? I'm not trying to krap on your thread, I just don't understand commissioning a sketch and getting a computer file.

You have to keep in mind that some artists are digital only now, and that file does indeed represent original art. It is still drawn by hand on a Wacom or similar tablet/touch screen.

And sure you could print as many copies as you want but that is part of the idea of a commission.....it is yours to do with as you please.

In theory you could have prints made of any old style hand drawn comission as well.

Yea, I know what a lot of digital artists do these days, is after drawing their pages, they lower the opacity of the line art, print it out on high grade 11/17 comic board, then ink over it to sell as an "original" at con's. the problem with that is you DO get an originally inked product, but it's far from unique. they can just print out 10 of the most popular page, and spend a few hours going over it.

After commissioning this from Erik yesterday, I received it all done today. Fast work and very cool (thumbs u

Here's Erik's homage to Boy Comics #16:

Boy120.jpg

And here's the original:

SAM_0630.jpg

That knight has armor in every place but the one I'd want it.