• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NEW MAN OF STEEL TRAILER

100 posts in this topic

This will be AWESOME, better than Nolan's Batman, bettr than Iron Man, better than everything done until now.

It will set the bar for every future comic book movie.

It will be good,but will mainstream care?

John Carter was good, and did terrible at the box office.

Dredd was even better and did even worse at the box office.

There is a lot riding on this movie. If this does Green Lantern box office numbers then I would expect Warner to stop making DC superheros movies other than Batman.

Also heard a strong rumor that Warner put both the Tarzan reboot and Justice League movies on hold to see how good the Man of Steel does at the box office.

I hope people come out to see it,but after recent examples of John Carter and Dredd we shall see. :wishluck:

This will be AWESOME, better than Nolan's Batman, bettr than Iron Man, better than everything done until now.

There is a lot riding on this movie. If this does Green Lantern box office numbers then I would expect Warner to stop making DC superheros movies other than Batman.

Also heard a strong rumor that Warner put both the Tarzan reboot and Justice League movies on hold to see how good the Man of Steel does at the box office.

I hope people come out to see it,but after recent examples of John Carter and Dredd we shall see. :wishluck:

The vast majority of the movie-going public had never heard of John Carter or Judge Dredd, and their respective ad campaigns did little to educate the masses. Superman is on a completely different level, and Man of Steel numbers will far exceed those for Green Lantern. Even Superman Returns pulled in 170 million more than GL.

Everything about this reboot, from the casting to the creative team to the trailers, puts it on a level with Nolan's Batman trilogy, not with forgotten films like John Carter, Dredd, and GL.

The vast majority of the movie-going public had never heard of John Carter or Judge Dredd, and their respective ad campaigns did little to educate the masses. Superman is on a completely different level, and Man of Steel numbers will far exceed those for Green Lantern. Even Superman Returns pulled in 170 million more than GL.

Everything about this reboot, from the casting to the creative team to the trailers, puts it on a level with Nolan's Batman trilogy, not with forgotten films like John Carter, Dredd, and GL.

Like I said I know it will be a good movie,but will mainstream go and see it in sufficient numbers?

During the time frame it will make most of it`s box office it will be going against Will Smith`s After Earth sci-fi movie,and Brad Pitt`s World War Z.

I could actually see it doing so so box office. I hope I am wrong.

exactly. if this doesn't do $500mm WW, i would be shocked. the trailer does have issues- looks like there's going to be a lot of set up before Zod arrives.

Has anybody heard much on the back story being changed? I've heard it's been changed where he doesn't receive power from the sun and no kryptonite.

That would be a deal breaker IMO...

they said there is no kryptonite in "this" film, not that its not in this universe, the trailer mentions something about the sun so i'm guessing thats still valid

DC themselves have changed much of the origin story over the years I don't see why 'fans' will be upset.

Unless they make Jimmy Olsen his boyfriend.

Or he gets Lois pregnant while she is with another bloke.

Has anybody heard much on the back story being changed? I've heard it's been changed where he doesn't receive power from the sun and no kryptonite.

They won't change the sun bit - kryptonite was always a lame plot point anyway.

And didn't originate in the comics.

they said there is no kryptonite in "this" film, not that its not in this universe, the trailer mentions something about the sun so i'm guessing thats still valid

The current cover story in Entertainment Weekly says that they didn't want to use kryptonite because it's too easy. If he's going to have an Achilles heel, they wanted it to be emotional.

The current cover story in Entertainment Weekly says that they didn't want to use kryptonite because it's too easy. If he's going to have an Achilles heel, they wanted it to be emotional.

Jimmy Olsen :gossip: