• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oldest living comic creators?

10 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm new here and have no CGC'd comics yet and am planning on only collecting signature series unless I come across something ridiculously high grade and rare.

Who are the oldest living comic creators (other than Stan Lee), and who are some that have passed away since CGC started? Show off some of your best comics too please!

Do you mean since CGC started the Signature Series or started being CGC. Those are two vastly different things. I think Michael Turner died within a year or two of the SS program going live, right?

I won't go over who has passed, since it's a lot and some true greats and I don't want to miss one.

Joe Sinnott is 86ish and is still signing up a storm.

Yeah, Michael Turner died in '08. If you're looking for the older creators b/c you're hoping to get a sig before they pass on, keep in mind that Turner is a great example of why you should always go for your favorites, regardless of age. He died very young.

Yeah, Michael Turner died in '08. If you're looking for the older creators b/c you're hoping to get a sig before they pass on, keep in mind that Turner is a great example of why you should always go for your favorites, regardless of age. He died very young.

Sadly, Peter David's stroke is another example of why you shouldn't wait on SS. I hope his recovery is going well.