• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Were are the posts from Vancouver this weekend ?

24 posts in this topic

The weekend Fan Expo was almost sold out online. Thankfully, they were able to sell tix for cash/debit to the over 2k ppl who lined up Sat. at 9 a.m. for the 10 a.m. grand opening. Saw Stan Lee walk in with only 1 security guard. Crowd cheered!

Took 1 hr to get in if u were paying cash else 2 hrs for those who prepaid online to make it thru the happy crowds.

They doubled the size of the aisles, :golfclap: artist alley & corp. display booths. Superb Lego display that was family oriented with full-size TMNT team wall, & 5 foot tall Hulk all made out of Lego.

Neal Adams & son very happy to sign autographs & color prints.

Bob Layton still disgruntled at not getting a % of the Iron Man movies for all the characters & armor he created during his classic stint w/ John Romita Jr. and staying loyal to Marvel until Valiant Comics. Layton selling quality Iron Man cover recreations w/ Marvel stat logo for $400. OK value. :banana:

Basically the exact same # of comic vendors as the 1st Vancouver Fan Expo in April, 2012 only their booth shrank to 8 x 10 feet instead of the standard 10 x 10 feet due to Vancouver's highest cost of real estate in North America. Harley was there on way to Calgary expo.

Happy fans lined up for the celebrity panels Q & A sessions. e.g. Buffy, Vampire Slayer in separate side rooms for better crowd control & less panic from misdirection/con-fusion. :whee:

I had fun I went with my friend both days & bumped into menace & bum & got see dwc getting my books signed by stan :) I was standing right next to bum at a booth looking through comics & didn't even notice until I hear him talking to someone saying his online name made me snap right up & looking around (I know that name... lol ) He hooked be up with the comic I brought from em in his sales topic for a great price as well which was awesome of him! :cloud9::luhv:

I think think this con as long as it starts getting in some good exclusives & better & better guests will at some point be as good as eccc & the like

Went on Saturday with a couple of non-comic fans. One of them is a big fan of The Walking Dead so she was looking forward to meeting Norman Reedus, however he cancelled so she had to settle for Michael Rooker. She bought the photo op with him & got a kiss on the cheek. She surprised him with a kiss on the lips too. lol, she's a pretty girl so he didn't mind.

Got there about 1:00 & there was a huge line-up to get in. Read on Twitter in the morning that it was a nightmare getting in & people were waiting up to 2 hours in line. Thankfully, by the time we arrived it was more organized & it only took us about 15 minutes to get in. The place was packed, not sure why they moved it to the old convention center. Didn't go last year, but doesn't the new convention center have more room? I hope next year they can move to a bigger space. Would love to see more comic vendors or major US dealers (only saw Harley, not sure how he did, but his booth looked busy). Didn't buy any comics, just bought 3 mini poster/prints which I had signed by the artists. The highlight for me was meeting Neal Adams, what a friendly personable guy.

Can't think of a more scenic place to hold a con...

137274.jpg.ff0b7cb300af04dd03bc8f061ce1db9e.jpg