• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay Customer Service Award Winner....

9 posts in this topic

Another reason to love ebay.

This person has a bunch of similar auctions going on featuring "Vintage Comics". The auctions feature a picture of a stack of comics with only the top issue visible. I emailed and asked if they would give me a list of titles and issues because it's kinda difficult to bid on something when you don't know what you're bidding on.

the response:

"Sorry, but if I took the time to list them all I might as well just sell them all individually."

Link to one of the auctions

Yessirree, nothing like great customer service. Or doing a little extra work to try to make more money.....

foreheadslap.gif

Prob because that's the only 12 cent issue is the one that he placed at the top of the stack. The rest could be comics from 1985-1992.

It seems like the guy said he is selling "vintage" comics. That is so vague and I believe purposely so.

Ok, I'll turn off my cynic button now insane.gif

Another reason to love ebay.

This person has a bunch of similar auctions going on featuring "Vintage Comics". The auctions feature a picture of a stack of comics with only the top issue visible. I emailed and asked if they would give me a list of titles and issues because it's kinda difficult to bid on something when you don't know what you're bidding on.

the response:

"Sorry, but if I took the time to list them all I might as well just sell them all individually."

Link to one of the auctions

Yessirree, nothing like great customer service. Or doing a little extra work to try to make more money.....

foreheadslap.gif

893whatthe.gif893frustrated.gifW T F " i have 20 stakes of 100 comic's each confused.gif

O I BET YOU DUE stooges.giftonofbricks.gif I tell you there is something in the

water makepoint.gifforeheadslap.gif this one should be locked up 893naughty-thumb.gif

I have to admit, I fell for this type of auction ONCE in my naive eBay days. The seller was 29frank29, and was selling tons of popular Marvel characters. Out of the huge lot, appoximately 10% were what was advertised--the rest were issues from publishers/titles in the 90s I never even heard of. I was even too embarassed to send these in to comics4kids.org.

Live and Learn.

Just for confirmation, check out the Magazine Lots in the feedback, and you'll note that the seller has a big picture, listing each and every issue.

But somehow, with a load of "vintage comics", decides not to? foreheadslap.gif

Just for confirmation, check out the Magazine Lots in the feedback, and you'll note that the seller has a big picture, listing each and every issue.

But somehow, with a load of "vintage comics", decides not to? foreheadslap.gif

Nice detective work!

Has to be a scam: modern garbage baited with a nice clean Silver Age book on top. And then to not even be willing to provide a list of the books. Dishonest or just lazy? Maybe I should give them the benefit of the doubt....NAH!!!

makepoint.gif

I smell a scam!

"I know little about comics" 893blahblah.gif

But I know enough to put 12cent ASMs and X-mens on top off a stack of 893censored-thumb.gif!

foreheadslap.giftonofbricks.gif