• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this really a $132 book???

7 posts in this topic

CRISIS #8 CGC 9.8 NM/MT (That's 9.8!!! Death of Flash)

LINK

I have been thinking about starting to collect this set, but I have no idea that they were going for over $100 easch in 9.8???

Maybe you should talk to MajorKhaos thumbsup2.gif

I have been thinking about starting to collect this set, but I have no idea that they were going for over $100 easch in 9.8???
Maybe you should talk to MajorKhaos thumbsup2.gif

Yeah, Major Khaos has been trying to complete a CRISIS set (raw or slabbed) for years.

I've been watching this set since about the beginning of the year. #7 and #8 have taken off recently, though I'm sure it's temporary. Maybe just one or two people who have run out of patience squaring off.

I don't know, those books have proven to be pretty tough to come by in 9.8... mostly, I think, because there are a lot of people who would love to have this particular series in high grade simply for nostalgia's sake and once the slabs are sold, they go into collections and stay there.

That being said, after having checked the census, the numbers seem about "right"... high grade (9.6/9.8) seem to exist in the normal ratio. Like I said, people want a high grade set of this series for nostalgia's sake more than anything else.

GPA indicates that 9.8 #7 is on the rise, though... so I guess if you're looking to buy it, it might be best to go after them now before the price continues to rise.

The twenty-year rule is in effect here!