• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thor-The Dark World trailer debuts

165 posts in this topic

I really liked the new Superman trailer - it's fleshed out much better than the previous ones. Personally, that's the best effort DC has put forth on a trailer since Watchmen. I hope the movie can follow through.

My only problem with the Superman trailer is we get Zod, again. And they are going heavy on the origin, again.

The Batman and Spidey reboot films got it right by doing a new villain in the first movie of a reboot. I'd like to see someone other than Zod or Luthor in a Superman movie. Still looks better than DC's other non Batman movies.

If they do the next couple of Superman sequels in the right way then I think they have to do a big origin and either a Zod/Luthor.

Look they got credible actors in every single important role.

This movie is going to be epic.

Please stop making me have the need to defend cory arse Superman. lol

I really liked the new Superman trailer - it's fleshed out much better than the previous ones. Personally, that's the best effort DC has put forth on a trailer since Watchmen. I hope the movie can follow through.

Agreed.

This is the series that will carry the torch for Marvel as people get tired of so so scripts for the Iron Man and Spidey movies. I hope Marvel starts to doing movies based on past storylines that have non traditional enemies battling it like like Doom vs Iron Man [#IM #149-#150], Surfer/Galactus vs Thor, etc. :cloud9:

Very cool, thanks Garry!! Love when Thor swoops in and strikes the ground and causes a shockwave that knocks out his enemies. Seen him do it for years in the comics and a treat to see him do it on the big screen!!!!! :banana::headbang::cloud9::takeit:

Yeah, I'm with you on that, Rich. :applause:

Looking forward to seeing that moment on the big screen. :whee:

This is the series that will carry the torch for Marvel as people get tired of so so scripts for the Iron Man and Spidey movies. I hope Marvel starts to doing movies based on past storylines that have non traditional enemies battling it like like Doom vs Iron Man [#IM #149-#150], Surfer/Galactus vs Thor, etc. :cloud9:

Well, I can guarantee that the two examples that you used, won't be hitting our screens for a very long time.

Well, I can guarantee that the two examples that you used, won't be hitting our screens for a very long time.

I agree as there are many other good story lines to play out but I could see the Iron Man vs Doom one being one of the first.

I agree as there are many other good story lines to play out but I could see the Iron Man vs Doom one being one of the first.

I was actually referring to the fact that Marvel don't have the film rights to the FF characters like Doc Doom or Galactus. I agree that they could make really cool movies though.

Just this trailer is better than the whole new Wolverine movie already. (thumbs u

I don't know about that one. I don't like x men really at all but that wolverine movie looks good. The x men movies sucked but this one looks like a good watch.

Think about the studio situation and it will tell you why some of these matchups are not going to happen.

My only problem with the Superman trailer is we get Zod, again. And they are going heavy on the origin, again.

The Batman and Spidey reboot films got it right by doing a new villain in the first movie of a reboot. I'd like to see someone other than Zod or Luthor in a Superman movie. Still looks better than DC's other non Batman movies.

If they do the next couple of Superman sequels in the right way then I think they have to do a big origin and either a Zod/Luthor.

I agree - the constant revisiting of his origin has practically diluted it's effectiveness. I really wish they could jump in with both feet into the story knowing that everyone is familiar with Superman's origin.

Well, I guess if they threw money at it, it could happen. It would have to be a hell of a lot of money though.

I agree - the constant revisiting of his origin has practically diluted it's effectiveness. I really wish they could jump in with both feet into the story knowing that everyone is familiar with Superman's origin.

..... so many of these Hollywood folk have no vision. Braniac would be a perfect intro villain.... especially if Kal-el's rocket contained the key to something VERY important that Braniac had shrunken Kandor in order to obtain..... follow that with the shrinking of Vegas, Washington, Hong Kong, etc.... and you have the template for the BEST 2 and 1'2 hour superhero masterpiece ever.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u