• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thor-The Dark World trailer debuts

165 posts in this topic

It is awesome.

I honestly didn't think this movie would look so good.

It's a nice surprise.

I was eagerly awaiting the second trailer - they always flesh in details better on that second one. I really like Hiddleston's performance as Loki. He's becoming an interesting villain, I hope they give him some good screentime.

He will not be getting any more screen time.

This is the last one for him. No Avengers 2.

They said that he can not contribute anything else to the movies (loki character).

It is awesome.

It's a nice surprise.

I was eagerly awaiting the second trailer - they always flesh in details better on that second one. I really like Hiddleston's performance as Loki. He's becoming an interesting villain, I hope they give him some good screentime.

They said that he can not contribute anything else to the movies (loki character).

I don't believe that. The guy has a cult following. I'd bet money that the role continues.

It is awesome.

It's a nice surprise.

I don't believe that. The guy has a cult following. I'd bet money that the role continues.

Marvel Studios Aren’t Done With Loki Yet

(thumbs u :wishluck:

Marvel would be crazy not to keep him on board.

Heroes are only as good as the villain and he's outstanding. As Roy said, he's extremely popular with the fans. I'd say he's the most popular (certainly my favorite) apart from Downey Jr. from the people I talk to.

I hadn't thought of it that way but he really is probably in the top 2 of Marvel's main leads. I too would peg him at just under RDJ.

I hadn't thought of it that way but he really is probably in the top 2 of Marvel's main leads. I too would peg him at just under RDJ.

I'd say top three. The Avengers catapulted the Hulk character to new heights. That Hulk scene with Loki alone is probably what allowed Loki's stock to climb to third spot.

When will all this translate into higher values for JIM 83 and 85?

I expect JIM 83 stock to jump at some point. So far it hasn't much with Thor and Avengers movies.

IM 55 and Avengers 55 skyrocket but the major keys stay flat...strange

Not as much, but you have to remember that the entry points on those books is already high.

They aren't going to double or triple in price just b/c of a movie. JIM 83 is one of the mega-keys and 85 is just under that.

Avengers was a (very) minor key with a low price point. Weren't people saying that was a $20-30 book in F or so before the movie was announced? Lots of room to go nuts there.

The market for a JIM83 and 85 is already limited to those with bigger pockets.

Did AF15 double in price when the Spidey movie was announced? Batman #1 when we all knew the Joker was going to be the villain?

Ya, I passed on a few FN to VF copies Avengers 55 for under $30.. same thing happened to me for Thanos.I'm not a big collector on villain first appearances, so I don't get too bummed out about not having them.

I would rather get JIM 85 right now over the two Avengers issues.

I wish they showed more of his true powers. They seem to have toned it down so far but I would like to see more of his mystical ability rather than just being portrait as a trickster. Same goes for Odin, I want to see him unleash the Odin power and whoop some arse.

When will all this translate into higher values for JIM 83 and 85?

I expect JIM 83 stock to jump at some point. So far it hasn't much with Thor and Avengers movies.

IM 55 and Avengers 55 skyrocket but the major keys stay flat...strange

I think they stay plateau'd because they already have such an established value? Plus, I would wager that comic speculators like to gamble - buying an IM55 for $200 hoping it will be $1000 is easy to fantasize about since it was a no-name issue for so long.

Is that a forge in one of the clips? New hammer for Beta Ray Bill perhaps?

I didn't see it. Time stamp?

1:47.

More on the forge...possibly.

At D23 today, Disney introduced some new footage.

This one showed Jane Foster in Asgard, being analysed by whatever means the Asgardians have instead of medical science. There’s a piece of kit in the scene that the magic-minded Asgardians see as a “soul forge” but Foster calls “a quantum field generator.”

There’s some kind of “dark energy” inside Foster and, apparently, it’s transforming to better defend itself. It’s the kind of plot point that only makes sense when seen as magic, but hey – it establishes that Foster is in grave danger this time around.

New Scene from Thor: The Dark World

Next up was Captain America: The Winter Solider, and at time of writing, that panel is just beginning.

:frustrated:

:)

New Captain America Clip Was Premiered At D23, Chris Evans Updates On Cap’s Situation

Present for the D23 presentation of the Captain America sequel, The Winter Solider were directors Joe and Anthony Russo and stars Chris Evans, Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan.

As well as showing the Comic Con reel again – and it was good stuff, so I’d have been glad to see it – there was also the premiere of a new scene in rough form. This showed Cap and Black Widow on board a SHIELD vehicle – it flies but was likely too small to be another Helicarrier. They’re gearing up for a parachute jump and flirting a little.

When Cap jumps he lands on the deck of a ship and immediately ends up in the middle of a big, elaborately choreographed action sequence. Pretty soon Black Widow and Brock Rumlow, aka Crossbones, land and help him finish up the fight – while Cap and Black Widow get back into their banter about all the girls who would definitely agree to go out with him.

It’s a scene that obviously takes place before the elevator fight shown at Comic Con because Rumlow appears to be no more than a straight SHIELD agent.

Perhaps more interesting than the clip were Chris Evans’ comments on where Steve Rogers is in this story. He’s no longer shocked by the advances of technology, he says, but he is still struggling to understand the moral landscape.

This film seems designed to put him through the ringer, morally, ethically, emotionally – and of course, physically.

Next up was Captain America: The Winter Solider, and at time of writing, that panel is just beginning.

:frustrated:

:)

New Captain America Clip Was Premiered At D23, Chris Evans Updates On Cap’s Situation

Present for the D23 presentation of the Captain America sequel, The Winter Solider were directors Joe and Anthony Russo and stars Chris Evans, Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan.

As well as showing the Comic Con reel again – and it was good stuff, so I’d have been glad to see it – there was also the premiere of a new scene in rough form. This showed Cap and Black Widow on board a SHIELD vehicle – it flies but was likely too small to be another Helicarrier. They’re gearing up for a parachute jump and flirting a little.

When Cap jumps he lands on the deck of a ship and immediately ends up in the middle of a big, elaborately choreographed action sequence. Pretty soon Black Widow and Brock Rumlow, aka Crossbones, land and help him finish up the fight – while Cap and Black Widow get back into their banter about all the girls who would definitely agree to go out with him.

It’s a scene that obviously takes place before the elevator fight shown at Comic Con because Rumlow appears to be no more than a straight SHIELD agent.

Perhaps more interesting than the clip were Chris Evans’ comments on where Steve Rogers is in this story. He’s no longer shocked by the advances of technology, he says, but he is still struggling to understand the moral landscape.

This film seems designed to put him through the ringer, morally, ethically, emotionally – and of course, physically.

More.

New Plot Blurb For Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier

After showcasing fresh footage from the film at the D23 Expo, Disney and Marvel have now issued the following new plot blurb for their Captain America sequel, The Winter Soldier.

After the cataclysmic events in New York with The Avengers, Marvel’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier finds Steve Rogers, aka Captain America, living quietly in Washington, D.C. and trying to adjust to the modern world. But when a S.H.I.E.L.D. colleague comes under attack, Steve becomes embroiled in a web of intrigue that threatens to put the world at risk.

Joining forces with the Black Widow, Captain America struggles to expose the ever-widening conspiracy while fighting off professional assassins sent to silence him at every turn. When the full scope of the villainous plot is revealed, Captain America and the Black Widow enlist the help of a new ally, the Falcon. However, they soon find themselves up against an unexpected and formidable enemy—the Winter Soldier.

Nothing at all surprising, especially not in view of certain comments made by certain actors. Did you miss that particular spoiler? If so, I’ll put it as a footnote at the very bottom of this story.*

Less obviously included, but known to be a solid through-line for the movie, is the story of Steve Rogers moving on from Peggy Carter. Or not really. And Natasha Romanoff getting caught by his rebound.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier is set for release in the US on April 4th next year. In a rather unusual turn, it’s actually looking like the UK release will be later – a lot later – with the film currently pencilled in for May 2nd.

This will be the first Marvel film to not open first in the UK in a long, long time. Ah well. It was fun while it lasted.

*Robert Redford has referred to his character, SHIELD’s top dog Alexander Pierce, as a “villain.” I’m sure he’s a man who believes in what he’s doing, though, and I expect that what he’s doing is akin to the CIA on their very worst days.