• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Countdown to Comicpalooza!

33 posts in this topic

This will be the greatest comic convention since the advent of comic conventions.

No hyperbole. No sarcasm. No mess.

One of these years I need to make the trip for this. I just live too damned far away...

[font:Times New Roman]Texas is big, but it isn't that big![/font] :baiting:

I'm way up in Lubbock, so it's far enough to require a fairly serious road trip or a flight. I think Houston is ~8 hours, and I've never driven it to know.

This show would pretty much have to be better for buying than Dallas. Sadly that show seems to be moving in the wrong direction...

[font:Times New Roman]Only 30 days to go! smiley-happy057.gif

There should be lots of GA on hand at Comicpalooza, ...including comics! :preach:

http://www.comicpalooza.com/

If you're making plans to attend, feel free to discuss it here.

Now you'll be returned to your regularly scheduled program. [/font] :grin:

I'll bring my copies of Modern Maturity for you to peruse...... :baiting:

[font:Times New Roman]Only 30 days to go! smiley-happy057.gif

There should be lots of GA on hand at Comicpalooza, ...including comics! :preach:

http://www.comicpalooza.com/

If you're making plans to attend, feel free to discuss it here.

Now you'll be returned to your regularly scheduled program. [/font] :grin:

I'll bring my copies of Modern Maturity for you to peruse...... :baiting:

[font:Times New Roman]

I hope you're not collecting those for the centerfolds![/font] >>> hm

Some dealer additions...Harley and Steve Ritter are setting up for sure. Jamie Graham is coming, but I'm not sure if he has booth space or not. The dealer's room sold out a while ago but Jamie was still going to give it a try.

TIme to bump this... :bump: 2 1/2 weeks away. Got my overpriced hotel room reservations.
Same here. Had to sort out things on the schedule. I enjoyed all three days last year, but I'm only coming for Friday this year. I'm pretty sure I'll do more shopping than buying this year, too. :)

Some dealer additions...Harley and Steve Ritter are setting up for sure. Jamie Graham is coming, but I'm not sure if he has booth space or not. The dealer's room sold out a while ago but Jamie was still going to give it a try.
Good news! A comic show that actually has COMIC dealers. So this is the show to go to if you want prime vintage comics & such, and Dallas is the show to go to if you want commonplace new dreck.

:gossip: The Weird Paper booth will feature our usual selection of high grade gold, silver and bronze, along with 50k+ of fresh hi grade Gold and Atom age books from my own collection.

Good news! A comic show that actually has COMIC dealers. So this is the show to go to if you want prime vintage comics & such, and Dallas is the show to go to if you want commonplace new dreck.

:gossip: The Weird Paper booth will feature our usual selection of high grade gold, silver and bronze, along with 50k+ of fresh hi grade Gold and Atom age books from my own collection.

Was set up next to Greg White at a show last weekend and he will be set up at Comicpalooza as well. More vintage comics.

Do you have a bigger booth this year? I recall you had a nice selection last year, but not room for 50,000 comics.

Do you have a bigger booth this year? I recall you had a nice selection last year, but not room for 50,000 comics.
Oops... that should read $50k... :tonofbricks:

Oops... that should read $50k... :tonofbricks:
Ah. With the quality of comics and pulps you've got, that adds up pretty quickly. :) Make sense now.

I just saw the program for ComicPalooza. Does anyone know where the main entrance will be? Do they have way more space than last year, or was I unaware of some of the things going on away from the first floor?

And is there really a Harvey Lee Comics that will be there? :)