• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Image Expo returns

32 posts in this topic

IMAGE COMICS ANNOUNCES IMAGE EXPO 2013

and its in SAN FRANCISCO :banana:

http://imagecomics.tumblr.com/post/48864457801/image-comics-announces-image-expo-2013

IMAGE COMICS ANNOUNCES IMAGE EXPO 2013

Publisher to host media event on July 2 in San Francisco

At the Diamond Comics Retailer summit in Chicago today, Image Comics Publisher Eric Stephenson announced Image Expo 2013, a unique media event that will take place in San Francisco’s Yerba Buena Center for the Arts on July 2, 2013.

Image Expo 2013 will be an all-day event featuring announcements from Image Comics, the publisher of the best-selling comic book titles THE WALKING DEAD, SAGA, FATALE, EAST OF WEST and JUPITER’S LEGACY, as well as appearances by superstar creators, including Image partner and THE WALKING DEAD creator Robert Kirkman and Ed Brubaker, co-creator of the Eisner-nominated FATALE, revealing panels, and autograph sessions. Tickets for this exciting event will available to the general public for purchase on May 3, 2013.

Image Expo 2013 follows the publisher’s successful 2012 Image Expo convention, which was held in Oakland, California. Image Expo 2013 will be be the most intimate comics event of its kind, offering unprecedented access to creators, exclusive swag, and the first chance to hear what the publisher that has been taking the comics industry by storm has planned for the future.

Image Comics fans can keep on top of all the latest Image Expo 2013 developments at www.imagecomics.com/expo for ticket information and guest announcements.

I was wondering if this was ever going to come back... It's a shame that its only one day. Maybe due to a late scheduling? Last year was fun, I will definitely try to make it out there this year. Time to bust out the yellow poyo shirt.

July 4th is Thursday so putting it on a Tuesday is really weird. Most people wouldn't necessarily take all week off for the July 4th Weekend.

Just checked the calendar, on a Tuesday!?! Wtf?

Well I guess thats one good thing for not working right now. Plus its less than 10 minutes from my house. So I can spend all day there and help some of you guys out.

That's an odd date, July 2nd is a TUESDAY (and Day after Canada Day on 07/01) and before the US Independence Day Holiday / Weekend too. It sounds less like a traditional convention and more like a Seminar / Panel type event.

I really liked the Image Comics Expo held in Oakland hosted by The Jay Company in 2012, last year.

Got my ticket this morning! Very excited for this event!

Here is the schedule:

July 2nd, 2013

9 AM Doors Open

Attendees are welcomed to Yerba Buena Center for the Arts Theater to check in and pick up badges and their welcome bags.

10 AM Keynote Presentation

Image Comics publisher Eric Stephenson welcomes attendees to Image Expo and kicks off a morning of exciting announcements and information about the future of Image Comics. He will be joined by Robert Kirkman and Ed Brubaker, as well as other Image creators to be announced soon, along with some SURPRISE guests.

1 PM Panels & Autograph Sessions

The afternoon of Image Expo will include informative panels with our special guests, providing attendees unprecedented access to their favorite comic creators in the form of Q&A sessions and intimate autograph sessions. Detailed afternoon schedule to be posted soon.

7 PM Image Expo Party

After a day of celebrating Image Comics, we welcome attendees to enjoy the San Francisco nightlife along with our special guests at this exclusive party. Venue to be announced soon, but will be within walking distance of the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts.

Should we have the Boardie Lunch at 11:30/Noon here?: B Restaurant & Bar

I realize they are claiming the return of Imageexpo but this event couldn't be any different than the 1st ImageExpo. Unlike the 1st one this appears to be set up as a very controlled SS opportunity.