• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wanda & Pietro in the second Avengers movie...?

23 posts in this topic

Yeah I just don't see it at all. Part of their appeal is being the children of Magneto...something that couldn't even be mentioned in the film. I see the rumor of Ms. Marvel being more likely considering he impending cosmic story lines you know are happening with Phase 2. Not to mention Ms. Marvel was an Avenger in the latest cartoon and surprisingly that cartoon seems to reflect characters Marvel thinks a little higher of in terms of big screen possibilities. Wanda and Pietro were not there.

Yeah I just don't see it at all. Part of their appeal is being the children of Magneto...something that couldn't even be mentioned in the film.

Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch joined the Avengers in 1965. They weren't revealed to be Magneto's children until 1983. Fans seemed to like them just fine for 18 years without Magneto being involved. I'm sure they could work in the movie as well.

I'm also struggling to believe that Fox AND Marvel/Disney can both use them. I have never heard about anything like that with any of the characters. That would be like Marvel saying, "well it's very complicated but we can use Wolverine as well seeing as how he got his start in an issue of Hulk and has also been a member of the Avengers."

Plus how idiotic would it be to reveal something like that at this point with Days of the Future Past in production. If FOX can use the twins and they have this info now, I can not see them passing on the chance to scoop them before supossedly appearing in the Avengers.

Yeah I just don't see it at all. Part of their appeal is being the children of Magneto...something that couldn't even be mentioned in the film.

Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch joined the Avengers in 1965. They weren't revealed to be Magneto's children until 1983. Fans seemed to like them just fine for 18 years without Magneto being involved. I'm sure they could work in the movie as well.

It makes them much more interesting. They were associated with Mags from day one. That extra layer would really help in a film. Especially since I would wager even in this day and age a lot more of the general public know who the Flash is and would just see him as a rip off. There is already even a comment under that story mentioning how the lack of the Magneto connection is a hindrance with those 2. Plus you start having too many new Avengers assemble and this franchise will become X-Men the Last Stand.

They are sure to introduce new members to the team in the second film and in my opinion, I thunk it probably be two new members. That's a pretty big hint about Wanda and Pietro but it could be deliberate misdirection.

I'm also struggling to believe that Fox AND Marvel/Disney can both use them. I have never heard about anything like that with any of the characters. That would be like Marvel saying, "well it's very complicated but we can use Wolverine as well seeing as how he got his start in an issue of Hulk and has also been a member of the Avengers."

Plus how idiotic would it be to reveal something like that at this point with Days of the Future Past in production. If FOX can use the twins and they have this info now, I can not see them passing on the chance to scoop them before supossedly appearing in the Avengers.

Kevin Feige said last year that they can both use the characters.

I would rather see other characters though.

I loved the John Byrne issues with Wanda and Pietro at Wundagore. Seeing them join the movie cast would be pretty cool, if done right.

300px-Avengers_Vol_1_185.jpg

300px-Avengers_Vol_1_186.jpg

300px-Avengers_Vol_1_187.jpg

Those issues are great.

I wonder how incestuous siblings are going to play out in a big budget film? hm

I'm more concerned about the CG aspects of making Quicksilver run. Every attempt I have ever seen onscreen for making someone run at super-speed looks abysmal.

Except for Sheldon Cooper's imitation of The Flash. That worked.

I wonder how incestuous siblings are going to play out in a big budget film? hm

I'm more concerned about the CG aspects of making Quicksilver run. Every attempt I have ever seen onscreen for making someone run at super-speed looks abysmal.

Except for Sheldon Cooper's imitation of The Flash. That worked.

As I was reading your post, I was thinking just that!

How about Daredevil? I know he's not best known for being an Avenger but isn't he part of one of the new teams? Might be a good way to launch him into his own movie.

Frankly, I think DD would work well in a team up movie with Spider-Man. Lot's of material for a cross-over, too.